Wall Air Conditioner dripping inside

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carl Miller, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Adding another woe to the money pit that is my new home...One of the wall air conditioners that we inhereted is dripping, actually streaming water inside. Seems to be installed with proper slope, and was fine since we moved in. Must be clogged drainage. My question: Anybody know any tips or tricks to clean it out without actually having to yank the thing out of the wall?

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Sorry, if it appears to be sloping correctly, then it's the drainage that's at fault. I just had a similar situation and I had to both shim up the inside of the unit and clean out the drain ports. Yes, it probably has to come out if you can't access the insides by simply removing the outside cover while it's in the wall.

3. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

First..ensure the unit is setup to tilt SLIGHTY outward..then check the bottom of the unit for a small punchout. You should be able to run a length of vinyl hose from this to run the condensation away from the side of the house...

If there are no punchouts..drill a number of small holes into the lowest spots in the bottom tray to let the moisture drip out..

HTH
    Dave