WALKING WITH PREHISTORIC BEASTS - Comments?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GerardoHP, Mar 14, 2002.

1. GerardoHP

GerardoHP Supporting Actor

Gerardo Paron
    Has anyone bought or seen this title? Can anyone verify whether or not it's anamorphic and what the quality of the transfer is like?

2. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

I got this title several weeks ago, and yes, I can verify that it is indeed anamorphic. It's also of good quality, similarly to the other "Walking with..." DVD's.

Norm

3. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Yes, it's great and the anamorphic transfer is beautiful. If you liked Walking With Dinosaurs, you'll love this one.

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Just thought I'd chime in as well. Excellent anamorphic transfer. Excellent documentary...I watched all of it at one sitting. It was that good.[​IMG]

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

That's interesting since my favorite online seller(DVDEmpire) lists the release as full screen.

6. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

Well Jeff, it's definitely widescreen. I believe 1.78:1 aspect ratio.

Overall, I found it to be a very interesting DVD. It was as good as Walking with Dinosaurs.

Norm

7. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

8. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

The UK release of this is not until next month with same spec (typical UK rip off as its a BBC production).

There is however a rumour of a special edition here in the UK in time for Christmas. Nothing definite and it depends upon whether the BBC thinks the extra costs are worth it.

Extra material for this was produced and shown on the Digital Satelite broadcast of this in the UK. It includes

- Choice of standard commentary or a technical scientific commentary

- Picture in Picture of the science behind the program for the full program length. Similar to the feature on Walking with Dinosaurs but full screen and for full program length. There was a least 1 and possibily 2 versions of this (can any one else in UK remember) for each episode.

This is in addition to and is not the same as the 2 separate documentaries.

The problem for the BBC is would people pay the extra as I would to only get 2 episodes per disk (because of extras) so need 3 disks for the program rather than current 1. So forming a 4 disk rather than 2 disk set. This would push up the UK price from £24.99 to around £39.99 plus (ie over $60)

9. Jeremy_Z

Jeremy_Z Agent

Has anybody heard anything about this title? I've seen it everywhere in stores but haven't seen anything on here about it.
    Edit:
    Jeremy,
    A little search will go a long way in finding an answer to your question.[​IMG]
    Unknown
    HTF Administrator

10. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I am not a professional reviewer. All I can say is if you have seen Walking with Dinosaurs and liked it this is more of the same, you should like this as well. However, I was more amazed with this one because I was not familiar with most of the beasts discussed. We have all heard and read plenty of stuff about Dinosaurs, it's a shame we have not heard more about the critters on Walking with Prehistoric Beasts. I give it [​IMG] [​IMG] or [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of 5