1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

walking SVS what to do??????????????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Meissner, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

My co-workers SVS 20-39pci is walking on a hardwood floor.
    what can he do to keep it from moving. it will move up against the window and start rattling against it. Im sure the correct fix is to turn it down a bit, but he is hooked on bass. [​IMG]

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

3. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

He might try putting something soft under it, like a piece of carpet or rubber mat.

4. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

it only walks when playing it loud. but he likes to really turn up the tunes alot. it is calibrated at +3

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Joe,

This is simply because he is playing VERY loud, and I'd guess the floor is VERY slick. I'm not sure how many thousands of subs we've sold but I do know this is the second time I've heard this issue.

Here's how we solved it the first time.

Have him go to the hardware store and get some very heavy duty 3M stick on "dots" the kind that look like gumdrops are best, and make sure they are the softest and stickiest you can find.

Put them equidistant on the base-plate, just halve the distance each of the foam disks that are on there now (don't take the latter off I mean). The "dots" (squares if you can't find dots, just make sure they are soft) will compress and tend to grip the floor better than those disks. It could be his floor is just the slightest bit un-level in that spot or if it's a PCi the weight of the amp is just enough to cause this, but I'll bet $5 this solves his problem.

A rug with a rubber backing will work in a pinch but not look near as good. It could be after this "mod" the sub is just a bit less firmly planted on the floor but the soft grip/adhesion will keep the sub in one place. Tell him to make sure any wax or dust in the corner he has the sub has got to go to make this work too. The "dots" must be able to grip. Tell him to get down there with some Windex or alcohol and clean the area, this alone might even help with the stock foam disks we use.

Ron

6. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Have your friend ship it to me [​IMG] .

7. Patrick Fitzgerald

Patrick Fitzgerald Auditioning