What's new

walking SVS what to do?????????????? (1 Viewer)

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
My co-workers SVS 20-39pci is walking on a hardwood floor.
what can he do to keep it from moving. it will move up against the window and start rattling against it. Im sure the correct fix is to turn it down a bit, but he is hooked on bass. :D

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
My co-workers SVS 20-39pci is walking on a hardwood floor.
:eek:
I don't think it should do that! :confused:
Did he REF Calibrate it - maybe it's too hot above the REFERENCE Calibration SPL??
Only thing he could to is to put a door stop on the side it moves to! Maybe its an X-File thing?? :alien:
Phil

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
it only walks when playing it loud. but he likes to really turn up the tunes alot. it is calibrated at +3

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Joe,

This is simply because he is playing VERY loud, and I'd guess the floor is VERY slick. I'm not sure how many thousands of subs we've sold but I do know this is the second time I've heard this issue.

Here's how we solved it the first time.

Have him go to the hardware store and get some very heavy duty 3M stick on "dots" the kind that look like gumdrops are best, and make sure they are the softest and stickiest you can find.

Put them equidistant on the base-plate, just halve the distance each of the foam disks that are on there now (don't take the latter off I mean). The "dots" (squares if you can't find dots, just make sure they are soft) will compress and tend to grip the floor better than those disks. It could be his floor is just the slightest bit un-level in that spot or if it's a PCi the weight of the amp is just enough to cause this, but I'll bet $5 this solves his problem.

A rug with a rubber backing will work in a pinch but not look near as good. It could be after this "mod" the sub is just a bit less firmly planted on the floor but the soft grip/adhesion will keep the sub in one place. Tell him to make sure any wax or dust in the corner he has the sub has got to go to make this work too. The "dots" must be able to grip. Tell him to get down there with some Windex or alcohol and clean the area, this alone might even help with the stock foam disks we use.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks