What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
He locked her in a closet so she wouldn't be in danger/couldn't go along with the group when they made their ill-fated trip to the Hilltop that Negan interrupted in the season finale. As far as I'm concerned, she should be profusely thanking him.

I've said it before but I'll say it again "Coral, hehehe".

Ah that's it! It was right at the edge of my fuzzy memory. Thanks Travis!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Meh...while one of the most interesting aspects of The Walking Dead to me is the possibility of all the different communities out there, I didn't really have much interest in a Tara episode. Though I did like the tie-in with The Saviors.

This was the first time I remember the show trying to add some humor in and it felt really forced and didn't work.

This season with all the different groups in different areas is all over the place. I like the Negan episodes but everything else seems to bring the show to a halt.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I figured Heath was dead since he's the lead in 24: Legacy but I'm glad they kept the door open on the character.

This was the first time I remember the show trying to add some humor in and it felt really forced and didn't work.
Yeah, Tara's social awkwardness isn't all that funny. The actor does as well as she can but I don't think the writers need to apply for a job with a sitcom any time soon. I will give them the "I never thought I'd ask this but where are all the men?" was a good line.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's a bad sign when reading the recaps and reviews seems more entertaining than watching the show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I did like the expansion of the world of TWD; finding another community. We also begin to get a slightly better idea of the scope of the Saviors (from the perspective of a non-reader of the source material.) The sand zombies were pretty neat. Wonder what the preserved perch tasted like. :)

On the other hand...

I would agree that humor isn't something the show handles particularly well. And while I like the character Tara (and Alanna Masterson) I do believe that for the majority of the cast, with perhaps the exceptions of Andrew Lincoln and Melissa McBride, they cannot carry an entire episode. Most of the single character episodes tend to be weaker, at least for me.

On a side note, I find that I've lost a lot of interest in Talking Dead. I tend to FF through quite a bit of the episodes these days.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Mild spoiler based on Jeffrey Dean Morgan interview on Howard Stern:

He claimed he will be back at least for season 8. I have to wonder if the producers will be happy about him saying that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I was surprised to hear him say that too but considering the rate they're moving the story along, that definitely coincides with the comic books.

Also, like all good Stern interviews, Jeffrey Dean Morgan had some fun stories and was open.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I thought last night's episode was plodding and dreadful. Please pick up the pace!!!

I'm kind of liking it. They almost lost me forever with the Negan/Lucille death episode. Just about ready to zap it off the DVR schedule, wasn't going to come back, but gave it a try. I'm enjoying things now as people try to recover and regroup.

Plus we've still got Carol out there somewhere.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not surprised. To be fair, the premiere was going to be huge so there was definitely going to be a big drop after that and no show in its seventh season does better than it used to but the continuing slide is due to the episodes staying focused on one location which makes the story crawl. By the end of this half of season, they're going to have spent 8 episodes basically setting up the second half where things will (hopefully) happen.

The good thing is that, based on the commercial for this week's episode, Negan is in it and he must be in the mid-season finale too so those episodes should be interesting.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am afraid that it is the hatefulness of this character which is turning me away from the show, and although I enjoyed Jeffrey Dean Morgans's performances on "The Good Wife" and "Watchmen" and it doesn't make sense, it is colouring my opinion of him as well.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
te, I find that I've lost a lot of interest in Talking Dead. I tend to FF through quite a bit of the episodes these days.

- Walter.

I'm getting really burned out on "Talking Dead". Hard to pinpoint exactly why, but it has just become so repetitive and boring. I used to really like Chris Hardwick, but he's become a robot with his mannerisms and what he does. Just barely one step up from a used car salesman.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked that Tara got her moment to shine, and it was neat to see a completely different community. But yet again, the extended running time felt self-indulgent. And now tonight's episode is going to run across 90 minutes. Sigh. They really need to learn that less is more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks