What's new

Walking Dead Season 3 (3 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
Yeah, I know some people have complained about not seeing Rick's group, but honestly, splitting episodes like this is a perfect solution to the monotony of the group being in one place for extended periods of time, since it's broken up with an entirely different location.
Definitely. Rick and company are temporarily OK so seeing Michonne, Andrea, The Governor, Merle and the town for 40-some minutes was much more interesting than cutting back and forth between the story/characters at the prison and the ones in Woodbury.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Man, this show is just unrelenting.
And does Andrea put her trust in the wrong people, or what? First she sides with the psychopath Shane over Rick and Dale, now she's siding with a man she's barely met over the woman who's kept her alive for months and months.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Wow. That was rough. I can tend to be a bit empathetic when watching well acted stuff, and I have to say that Rick's reaction really got to me.
T-Dog
Lori
Carol (?) she may have made it.
They really made us pay for the hint of cheerfulness in the beginning of the episode.
I know Carl took a lot of grief from fans in previous seasons, but I'm really digging what this boy is being forged into.
Man, that was rough.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Poor T-Bone. 3 seasons and what? - a dozen lines of dialogue. Terrible.
Can't say I'll miss Lori at all. Her dying is a good move from a story telling point of view - her relationship with Rick was damaged beyond repair. Really felt for Carl and Rick.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not really liking the writing with Andrea. It seems so unbelievable that she would not trust Michone's instincts after surviving with her in an apocalyptic environment for so long. Just not buying into that scenario.
Having said that - Holy Crap! What a brutal episode to watch. I was completely wrung out by the end of the show. I'm surprised that Andrew survived long enough to sabotage the prison. Guess Rick learned a hard lesson about making sure that an antagonist is really dead. Shades of Bond films where the villains always assume their diabolical schemes to eliminate Bond will work without checking the results. :)
- Walter.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma /t/324448/walking-dead-season-3/60#post_3997756
Poor T-Bone. 3 seasons and what? - a dozen lines of dialogue. Terrible.
Can't say I'll miss Lori at all. Her dying is a good move from a story telling point of view - her relationship with Rick was damaged beyond repair. Really felt for Carl and Rick.
T-Bone is the nickname of Neil Watkins from accounting at George's office on "Seinfeld". Of course, getting T-Dog's name wrong goes along with your Rodney Dangerfield "no respect" thesis.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Who was the T- something in prison break? I was just thinking about that due to the setting as of current of Walking Dead ;)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Theodore 'T-Bag' Bagwell, played by the great Robert Knepper. One of the scummiest inmates to ever grace a television screen.
- Walter.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Andrea seems to be drawn to strong men of a certain type. I don't see how that is interpreted as a problem with the writing. It's a character flaw.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It took a little over 2 seasons but this show finally seems to be living up to its potential.
Sean Bryan said:
Andrea seems to be drawn to strong men of a certain type. I don't see how that is interpreted as a problem with the writing. It's a character flaw.
I don't think Andrea is even all that attracted to The Governor as much as she's attracted to a safe, well-stocked and welcoming place. After months of wandering through a literal hell on Earth where they might be killed at any second, I have to question the sanity of anyone who wouldn't want to stay.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I understand the arguments for why Andrea is behaving the way she does and I can kind of agree with Travis regarding the desire for safety as an overriding concern. But we will just have to disagree. I'm more of a bird in hand kind of guy and if someone saved my ass and kept me alive for months I'm pretty sure I'd be trusting their judgement and survival skills.
- Walter.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy fucking shit. This is clearly not the same show as last season. Not by a long shot. Wow.
I think that was the most meaningful that T-Dawg has ever been in this show. Should have known T was a goner when he finished piling up all the bodies. And yay for Dead Lori! I had to resist the urge to cheer, since my wife was clearly choked up by the scene. There can be no doubt now that Darabont's departure was a positive thing for this show.
That said, I'm not looking forward to the baby-centric story-arc that is sure to follow....they better find some way to get that baby adopted by some nice hillbilly militia-family. I hope Hershel starts calling Oscar "T-Dawg," and feigns deafness whenever somebody tries to point out that he's actually a totally different black guy.
Frustrating to watch Andrea fall for the alpha-male again. I hope Michonne leaves her ass there, but that's unlikely. Also, +1 to Short Round for tapping the hot white chick onscreen again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I'm more of a bird in hand kind of guy and if someone saved my ass and kept me alive for months I'm pretty sure I'd be trusting their judgement and survival skills.
- Walter.
When I said how I'd question the person's sanity, I was basically joking but if I was Andrea, I really would be wondering if Michonne had really lost it or if she just 'addicted' to the killing and the adrenaline from the constant threat of death. And if I thought she may be mentally ill, I'd think that the best and most loyal thing I could do is try to talk some sense into her and get her to stay.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Let me toss this one out there for you: we never actually saw Carl perform his chore. All we heard was a gunshot. For all we know, Lori might be popping up again. Let's see Rick handle that one...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by SteveSs /t/324448/walking-dead-season-3/60#post_3998034
Let me toss this one out there for you: we never actually saw Carl perform his chore. All we heard was a gunshot. For all we know, Lori might be popping up again. Let's see Rick handle that one...

Eh, highly doubt Carl would purposely miss. What benefit would there be since he KNOWS she would just come back and eat them?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
If anyone wants to check out a brief scene from next week's episode they can see it here. It's not the same scene shown during The Talking Dead. Not really spoilery, except there is a mention about the number of graves being dug. But I don't know that we can assume it means what we might think it means. If you know what I mean.
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-305-the-walking-dead-say-the-word

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks