What's new

Walking Dead Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Also, I didn't care for the Carl drama, and I'm not sure what the hell Herschel saw, but Carl was 100% in the right to shoot that "kid". They told him to drop and all he did was edge closer while still carrying his gun. That's not how you surrender. I was yelling for Carl to shoot him.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Scott Hanson said:
Also, I didn't care for the Carl drama, and I'm not sure what the hell Herschel saw, but Carl was 100% in the right to shoot that "kid". They told him to drop and all he did was edge closer while still carrying his gun. That's not how you surrender. I was yelling for Carl to shoot him.
+1

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
According to Deadline, Emily Kinney (Beth), Chad Coleman (Tyreese) and Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) have been bumped up to series regulars for Season 4.

Melissa McBride must really be feeling jilted since she's basically been pulling a series regular's load since the beginning, Carol always seems to survive, and yet she's stuck as a recurring player.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Adam Lenhardt said:
According to Deadline, Emily Kinney (Beth), Chad Coleman (Tyreese) and Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) have been bumped up to series regulars for Season 4.
Good to hear about Tyrese. In a show with very few if any likable characters, Tyrese could be a breath of fresh air.

As for Beth, I had to look up who she was on the show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Melissa McBride must really be feeling jilted since she's basically been pulling a series regular's load since the beginning, Carol always seems to survive, and yet she's stuck as a recurring player.
She and Scott Wilson got credited for all the episodes this year whether they appeared or not too. I figured that meant that they'd be in the main cast next year.

Tyrese is one of my favorite characters in the comic book and Coleman is wonderful so I'm happy to see that he'll be around full time.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Melissa McBride cleared the air and responding to the "awesome outpouring" tweeting yesterday that she has always been a series regular.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Based on her tweet, it sounds like there's some legal technicality for why she's credited the way she is. Probably sort of like the "Special Guest Star" credit for Chris Noth on "The Good Wife" and Joan Cusack on "Shameless" despite the fact that they appear in nearly every episode.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Adam Lenhardt said:
Based on her tweet, it sounds like there's some legal technicality for why she's credited the way she is. Probably sort of like the "Special Guest Star" credit for Chris Noth on "The Good Wife" and Joan Cusack on "Shameless" despite the fact that they appear in nearly every episode.
Jonathan Harris was always credited as "Special Guest Star" during his entire run on Lost in Space, despite the fact that he, Will, and the Robot for all intent and purposes were the entire show.

News on Season 4, seems the Gov, is not going away.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-walking-dead-four-actors-promoted-to-series-regulars-for-season-4_article_77607?__source=rss%7Cimdb%7Clatest-originals

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Overall, I was very please with this season as a whole. It continues to thrive as a well done character arc type of show, not near the level of Lost, but still one of the best around. I especially liked the more quiet episodes that some people tend to complain about. As I have said all along, it's what is not being said that speaks just as loud as actual words. It's how they appear, the look in their eyes, the emotions, etc.

One thing the last two shows made clear is another point that I rightly made a while back, which was why Rick didn't just kill The Governor when they had a mutual meeting. Those shows fleshed out the towns people more and you saw them change from within. At first, they made it clear they would follow The Governor to their death, when he was arming ALL the people that could carry a weapon. They singled out an old lady in that episode that could barely move, yet she was willing to stand with him and the others because of her views of Rick and his group due to how The Governor made them out as rutheless killers. It started changing from within, with his best friend betraying him and killing all the zombies, then the small group from the prison started seeing things different based on Andrea and other events. Then, the BIG change came when a lone survivor was brought to their camp in the last episode to explain how the Governor turned on ALL of HIS people and they saw him for the phychotic and evil person he truly was.

I especially liked the story arc of Daryl and Meryl where they met again, knowing how different each was from the other, yet coming together out of family in the end. Meryl was always the evil brother, but not truly evil like the Governor as Michone pointed out when they were in the car. She said a truly evil man doesn't even know or care about those he has hurt or killed, yet Meryl seemed to remember them all. He had one last ounce of kindness in him, mainly for his brother and gave his life taking out several of the Governer's more expert killers in his army.

The piece that I really liked is finally Andrea got written out of the show, thank goodness! Her character had become so downright dumb with a capital D it was bording on absurd. She constantly made bad choices, even when a person with half a brain would've known better. At least we get some new characters to observe that hopefully won't be written to that level of stupidity.

Lots of other good stuff too, but for me, this was yet another very good seaon. Can't wait to see next year with what they do with all their new people and how it's going to affect their central group.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Jeffery_H said:
Overall, I was very please with this season as a whole. It continues to thrive as a well done character arc type of show, not near the level of Lost, but still one of the best around.
Really? Lost was entertaining, but I didn't think it developed the characters all that much. The Walking Dead certainly does a better job on that front.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Scott Hanson said:
Really? Lost was entertaining, but I didn't think it developed the characters all that much. The Walking Dead certainly does a better job on that front.
*blinks*

*blinks*

Wow.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I second that Wow. Every single episode of LOST delved into the backstory of a different character.

Anyway. I never understood the logic of why Rick didn't shoot the Gov at their meeting. He never would have made it out of there alive if he did. Plus the Gov had a gun taped to the table just in case.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'll third that. I am at the end of the second season on a Lost re-watch. The main characters are all richly developed in understanding who they used to be and who they have become on the island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks