What's new

Walking Dead Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Agreed. She looked hot when she was on Talking Dead, and she is yet another Brit on the show. Her American accent is spot on.
She was born in America and spent her childhood here.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
SteveSs said:
I've always sort of wondered how Woodbury got started. Maybe someone who's read the comics can give a little background (if it exists). Did the Gov start Woodbury, or did he show up and slide into power?
You can read about him on the Walking Dead Wiki.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Cameron, Thanks much for that link. Really interesting! I think I read too much, though. It contains a few clues as to which actors might be unemployed after this weekend.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SteveSs said:
Cameron, Thanks much for that link. Really interesting! I think I read too much, though. It contains a few clues as to which actors might be unemployed after this weekend.
I wouldn't be too worried because they like to change things up from what the comic book readers 'know' is going to happen. A character death will happen earlier or later on the TV show than in the comic or something that happens to one character in the comic will happen to another on the TV show, etc.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Mikah Cerucco said:
She was born in America and spent her childhood here.
Well, ok, but then she moved to England, and now speaks with a British accent, hence the confusion. She must have moved there at an early age.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TravisR said:
I wouldn't be too worried because they like to change things up from what the comic book readers 'know' is going to happen. A character death will happen earlier or later on the TV show than in the comic or something that happens to one character in the comic will happen to another on the TV show, etc.
Yeah, e.g. Dale, Shane

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
ChristopherG said:
I think the real point he was making was the dynamic of someone who clearly doesn't like something, continue to subject themselves to that very thing, expecting a different result. Over, and over and....
see post below.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Jerry Almeida said:
Yeah, I don't think that post was directed at you Lou, or others like you. I think he was referring to this . . .
Ah, OK - hard to tell.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
After a string of subpar episodes, credit is given where credit is due; that was a strong finale with many surprises.

With all the interpersonal material pushed to the side and the focus back on survival, the show did what it does best.

Too bad Andrea's stock had plummeted so badly - her death carried little import.

Guess the Guvnor is gone to the wind - perhaps to show up down the road at some time in a couple of seasons from now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree that it was a finale with many surprises that went in a completely different direction than I was expecting. I particularly liked that it addressed the issue of whether Rick isn't just another Governor that we've happened to follow. Both are men who were brought to the brink, but they reacted very differently to it, and the outcome reflected that.

On the other hand, I was a bit frustrated at the way the Chekhov's gun principle was violated. If you set up a torture room with a tray full of instruments of torture, those instruments of torture need to be used for some torturing. Otherwise, you're just misleading the audience. Likewise with the confrontation; you set up an epic final battle, that's what should be delivered. I don't mind that Rick's group tricked the Governor, but I do mind that the issue between Rick and the Governor wasn't resolved. The build-up promised a resolution, and the finale didn't deliver. I'm not looking forward to another season of waiting around at the prison for what come have come here in the finale.

I did like that the deaths we got were unexpected. I figured Beth and Hershel and maybe Carol would bite it tonight. It was nice for all of the supporting players to make it, while one of the main characters who is still alive and well in the comics dies.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Mixed bag for me. I probably liked the themes of the episode slightly more than the execution.Instead of talking to Milton, I would have been scrambling for those damn pliers. Carl and Rick's relationship is completely dysfunctional now with Carl showing complete disdain for Rick. One of the interesting ethical quandries of the show is the environment in which Carl has begun to mature. He is making snap decisions that no kid should have to make. He didn't hesitate to shoot Morgan a few weeks back, so no surprise for me at his actions tonight. The ethics of the Zombie Apocalypse and what is "right" is one of the key attractions of the series for me. I enjoyed the succintness of the Governor's final words to Milton "You kill or you die. Or you die and kill." Good job by the writers revisiting that dialog with Carl and Rick later in the episode.I'll miss Andrea, despite some of the horrible choices her character made this season.- Walter.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I'll miss Andrea, despite some of the horrible choices her character made this season.
I won't miss her at all. She became an annoyance--a walking vessel of "good intentioned" idiocy. This is the first time I've ever thought "kill that person off already" for a major character in a TV show.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I agree that the conflict between Rick and the Guv wasn't really resolved, That was a sour note on an otherwise satisfying season finale. Sorry to see Andrea go, sort of, nice touch seeing Michone break down TOTALLY and allow us to see some real emotions from her character.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
I agree that the conflict between Rick and the Guv wasn't really resolved, That was a sour note on an otherwise satisfying season finale. Sorry to see Andrea go, sort of, nice touch seeing Michone break down TOTALLY and allow us to see some real emotions from her character.
I wanted more resolution on The Governor too but I do like that they can bring back the actor/character at some point in the future. I'm kinda hoping that they have a Governor-less fourth season rather than having him immediately return as a threat next year.

And I'm guessing it would be fair to think that Andrea and Michonne were more than friends during their time on the road.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
"Andrea, stop yapping and work on picking those pliers up. Dammit, she's gonna drop them. Yep, she did. Andrea, stop yapping and work on getting out of the restraints. Dammit, Andrea." - us, last night.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Why did he bring all that ballast to the prison? If you're going to take in the refugees/dead weight, why wouldn't you stay in Woodbury? They had generators, and a stronger defensive perimeter, and more.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
Why did he bring all that ballast to the prison? If you're going to take in the refugees/dead weight, why wouldn't you stay in Woodbury?
Other than the amenities, I can't think of one reason to stay in Woodbury or one that would make me want to leave the prison. The prison can easily accomodate the number of people coming from Woodbury, it's a smaller area to defend, it has towers (they can salvage what was blown up), there's probably 50 more people who can go on sentry duty, and by virtue of being a prison, it's very hard to get into. Woodbury, on the other hand, is an area that is so big that there's a ton of spots for people to sneak into and The Governor most likely knows the place inside and out.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I really enjoyed this season, flaws and all. The prison/Woodbury showdown was a bit anticlimactic, and I agree that the Andrea death lost a lot of steam because I stopped caring for her a long time ago. Never really cared for her character from the beginning so good riddance.
TravisR said:
Other than the amenities, I can't think of one reason to stay in Woodbury or one that would make me want to leave the prison. The prison can easily accomodate the number of people coming from Woodbury, it's a smaller area to defend, it has towers (they can salvage what was blown up), there's probably 50 more people who can go on sentry duty, and by virtue of being a prison, it's very hard to get into. Woodbury, on the other hand, is an area that is so big that there's a ton of spots for people to sneak into and The Governor most likely knows the place inside and out.
I disagree. I can't think of a reason not to stay in Woodbury. I suppose the governor might be more of a threat there, but he does know where the prison is, and you'd have to be worried about him coming back no matter where you went. I'm not so sure the prison is all that much smaller than Woodbury, and it's certainly not nearly as secure as far as biters go. It seems every episode they were in some wing of the prison where biters lurked. Seemed to me the prison was much easier to get into than Woodbury, which was 100% blocked off. I do agree with you though that I hope the next season doesn't deal with the governor again. Let him come back in 2-3 seasons in some dramatic fashion when we've forgotten about him. I do wonder what the deal was with his two henchmen though. Why wouldn't they just kill him right there and head back to Woodbury and explain what happened?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
I do wonder what the deal was with his two henchmen though. Why wouldn't they just kill him right there and head back to Woodbury and explain what happened?
I don't know if it was the show's intent but I found them getting back into the truck with The Governor to be darkly humorous (I was hoping to see them argue over who was going to have to ride upfront with him). I could buy that they were shocked and terrified at that moment but after having some time to think how they could be next, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't shoot him in the back when the opportunity arises.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks