What's new

Walk The Line 3-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
EDIT FEB 28, 2006 is the STREET DATE according to our system at Blockbuster no details on extras

Does anyone have anymore info on this title or where online there might be?....

I was hoping to find the UPC and Cover Art....

Bought the sound track which is terrific... Phoenix and Witherspoon do a great job with the songs

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
If so, it would coincide with Brokeback Mtn. (another Oscar contender). Already its looking like an expensive day...

Walk the Line (TBA)
Brokeback Mtn (TBA)
Dreamer
Jarhead
Harry Potter: GOF

I thought Good Night& Good luck and History of Violence came out the same day, but hey are being relased the week after.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard their is supposed to be a extended cut with the full versions of the song performances. Has anyone heard this?

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Well according to DVDTOWN.com they say so but NOW I am wondering... One reason NO OTHER site is reporting this info and on top of that DVDTOWN says Walk the Line is a Warner Bros. film and from what IMDB.com says its a FOX film. So now I am not sure so IF ANY ONE HAS CONCRETE INFO please..... thanx

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Walk The Line is a Fox release and will be released by Fox on dvd.
No specs yet but like other Oscarcontenders it will be announced soon.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
That can't be true about a Feb 28th street date...

Its still in theaters! Its in the theater in my town right now. In fact, its still in the top 15 of box office films. It must be an error, because it would still be in some theaters by the time it comes out. That street date is only a month away.

Add to that no offical announcement from the studio. Even if the 2/28 was correct, its going to be pushed back due to Oscar attention.

I wish it is true, but that would be the fastest street date of any movie I have ever heard of.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The movie came out in theaters on November 18 so the DVD coming out on February 28 wouldn't be that fast. I think Fox's idea will be to make money on Oscar publicity by having the movie available to buy on DVD if/when it wins anything.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
The Rumor Mill over at The Digital Bits has a preliminary report on a mid-March release. I guess I'll withhold judgment until the final specs are confirmed, but up front I'm a little disappointed. No extended cut of the film, but a director's commentary, 10 deleted scenes, theatrical trailers, two documentaries and three extended music videos. I would have hoped to see more of the extended song performances and commentary by Joaquin and Reese. Hopefully the documentaries aren't just EPK material.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing the "Extended music videos" are the extended concert sequences / song performances in the film...

I was also hoping for a longer more fleshed out cut.

Jace_A

Second Unit
The 7 March date is for I Walk the Line, a film actually starring Johnny Cash and not Walk the Line, which is yet to be announced.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
DVD PLANET
now has a pre-order for
WALK THE LINE due FEB 28 2006
Fullscreen HAHAHA
Widescreen
2 Disc Collector's Editon YEA!!!!

I can not wait for this movie

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I too can't wait to get this. My girlfriend and I saw it in early December and we both absolutely loved it. Phoenix and Witherspoon were both fantastic in the movie. The highlights for me however were the musical performances themselves. They literally gave me goosebumps. I really hope the rumors are true, and that we will be treated to FULL performances on the DVD. If not incorporated into the film, then perhaps as special features. Either way I'd be happy. I will definitely purchase this on release day.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I'll be picking it up on the day of release as well. I read an interesting story yesterday that quoted the film's main writer Gill Dennis as saying the original cut of the film clocked in at over 3.5 hours. I assume a lot of that extra time was full versions of the songs and concert footage. I'm hopeful much of it will find its way onto the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks