Wal-mart's $14.44 FOX Season One sale

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by MattHR, Apr 6, 2005.

1. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

As much as I hate going into my local Wal-mart, I couldn't resist the $14.44 pricing on select FOX season one sets. I picked up HARSH REALM, NYPD BLUE and DARK ANGEL.

Others I saw in the display: KING OF THE HILL, FUTURAMA, MARY TYLER MOORE, ANGEL, BUFFY, MASH, ALLY McBEAL (best of) and THE SHIELD.

2. Rick Spruill

Rick Spruill Stunt Coordinator

I just came home from Wal Mart with my $14.44 Mary Tyler Moore Season 1 set. What a steal. The Wal Mart I went to didn't have the MASH set. May have to visit another.

3. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

I went to two Wal-Mart's today and neither one had a display out. Did these displays just come out this week? Maybe they are still in the backroom at my local stores. I heard Harsh Realm is included in this promo...

John

4. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I'm not sure the date the promotion started, but I found the display on Wednesday (April 7). It was set up right at the entrance to their DVD/CD area. It was a generic cardboard display--nothing specific designed to promote FOX product. A small sign advertised the "Season One-$14.44" special. The promo must have started very recently, since the display was well-stocked with product and didn't seem to be picked over.

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I stopped by the Wal-Mart near work today (in San Bernardino) and picked up Dark Angel season 1 for $14.44. The guy at the register said he had just put the display out yesterday. I also saw two pallets of Paramount DVDs for $4.88 a piece. I picked up Beverly Hills Cop I, II, III, and Another 48 hours for that price along with Where Eagles Dare for $5.50. Man... less than $43 for all of that!

6. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Well, the third time (and store) is the charm! Picked up Harsh Realm and Dark Angel. Thanks to the OP!

John

7. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

My dad spotted Season 1 of Mary Tyler Moore which I got, while he picked up Season 1 of Dark Angel for himself. A great deal! I already had Futurama 1 or I would have gotten that too. I also picked up Flintstones - Season 1 at regular ($30 - Wal Mart) price.