What's new

Wal-Mart rental store: buy two rental DVDs, get two rental DVDs free (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I was down in Corpus Christi this weekend. At one of the "super" Wal-Marts with a video store in it, they had a sale of buy two previously viewed DVDs, and get two free. So I bought Solaris, Narc, Unfaithful and X2 all for $30 tax included. Not bad, and three of the four discs were in better condition than I usually get from Blockbuster of Hollywood previously owned, plus the Wal-Mart ones all included the inserts, which BB and HW never do.

I will check out the Austin Wal-Marts today to see if they have any similar deals. You might want to check with yours too if it has a video rental.

Jimmy M

Second Unit

Maybe your Blockbuster never does, but mine does. Maybe not every time, but I'd say at least 90% of the time.

Jimmy!

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I checked every Wal Mart in Austin. None have video rentals. Maybe I should have bought more than 4. :frowning:

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Movie Gallery is having the same sale right now and from my experience they have always had the inserts and were in pretty good shape. Sometimes the discs do have stickers on them though.

-Eric

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I'm going to check out Movie Gallery today, that sounds like a good deal!
My local SWM doesn't do rentals...:frowning:

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Yeah, I checked my receipt, and it was a Movie Gallery located in that Wal-Mart. I never paid attention. Too bad there are no MGs close to where I live.

I also saw that BB has the "buy 2 pre-viewed, get one free", which is not as sweet, but also not too bad.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I've picked up some titles at blockbuster, but the always have the same old stuff....
I've picked the foreign/smaller titles clean.
I'll let you all know how I make out at MG.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
OK, went to MG this afternoon. They had a pretty sad selection of PV disks. Most of the stuff I already had, So I picked up a few titles though:
Simone, City by the Sea, Cube 2: Hypercube, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. Total cost: 15.10!:D

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Doesn't look like anyone is still reading this thread.
But I went to another Movie Gallery and was able to pick up Dark Blue, Bruce Almighty, The Italian Job('03), The Good Thief.

and the buy 2 get 2 free deal ends this Sunday for those interested....

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I was just in Florida and picked up Pirates of the Carribian, Finding Nemo, X2, and T3 for $30

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Good deal!
The selection was pretty lousy, I already owned most of the titles they had. Maybe I just have to much....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks