What's new

Wal Mart Actually Selling Unrated DVDs (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Was at Wal-Mart today and I thought it was of note that they were stocking the Unrated Edition of "Charle's Angels -Full Throttle" I wonder if they were stocking to to have Widescreen versions available (never was really a concern of Wal Mart) or could it be that with the popularity of Unrated editions of DVD, they are loosening their stance on stocking them? On a side note, looked for Indy WS over there....nada. It better be because the WS editions already sold out. I made sure to give a disgusted look when a employee told me that they did not have any.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wal-Mart has sold unrated DVD's for quite a while. Around last Halloween they were selling "Army of Darkness: Unrated Director's Cut" and the unrated "The Last House on the Left." I think AoD is still on the shelves, and LHOTL is probably in the Halloween displays again, too.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I noticed the unrated edition of CA too, and thought it was strange. I think because it is unrated for more action and violence, instead of being unrated for nudity and sex like most films. Who knows.

I also didn't have any problem finding the Indy widescreen at my WM.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart pretty much Blows anyway. The only thing they are really good for DVDwise is the $5.88 bin where you might happen upon a good find occaisonally. Bought my Indy at Costco where they give a modicum of respect to WS by stocking it more than MAR.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
My Wal Mart sucks. The only reason I go there is cause it's 15 minutes closer than anywhere else I can get DVDs. If there's a full screen version of something you can bet they won't carry the widescreen. Last couple time I've had this problem was with Animal House and Indiana Jones today.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I have bought my last couple of "new Tuesday" releases at WM, primarily because I can snag them earlier than with BB or CC, which both open at 10AM...

And speaking of Indiana Jones, I did have to shake my head today, when I noticed on the big display by the entrance that all of the top rows of DVDs were Full Screen, with only one row on the bottom for WideScreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks