What's new

Wake up call for Warner Home Video (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Someone at WHV really needs to read this article from today's New York Post.
Then, if they want a chuckle, they can ask Mike Finnegan to go through his correspondence file and see if he still has the letter I sent him several years ago where I predicted that the DVD market for TV series would differ from the VHS market in exactly this way and for exactly these reasons. At the time I was trying to get them to release Babylon 5 on DVD and warning them that they should not attempt to use VHS sales as a means of estimating the show's potential on DVD for the simple reason that DVD fans would skip the VHS release and wait for the disc release. :)
Check the transcript of the last Warner Home Video live chat to see how thoroughly they grasped that concept.
Since they won't listen to me, even when I've demonstrated a better understanding of these issues than their own employees, maybe they'll believe the Post. :D
Well, at least they've released The Gathering and In the Beginning on a barebones double feature "test disc" - which I told them would be the sensible way to gauge the market for the show back in 1998 or '99. (Bitter? Me? Nah...)
By the way, who the heck is "John Staddon"? :D
Regards,
Joe

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Given how easy it is to ignore something online, and WB's arrogant attitude with regard to its customers, maybe somebody could come up with a real world address for Warner and post it here. I'd be more than happy to print out that post article and mail it to them in case they don't feel like clicking on the link.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Ask and ye shall receive:
DVD Editorial and Programming Services
Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
My contact names list is probably out of date. Maybe somebody can tell us who the appropriate person and/or persons to contact would be these days.
BTW, all my previous (ignored) correpsondence with WHV has been snail-mail. I've known for a long time that most companies pay no attention to e-mail.
I've got a print out of the Post article sitting in an envelope ready to go out with tomorrow's mail. (Would have sent it sooner, but was out of envelopes. :)) Maybe if enough of us snail-mail it to them they'll start getting the hint. Could be fun to do, anyway. :)
Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks