What's new

'Waiting...' Starring Ryan Reynolds (1 Viewer)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I saw the trailer to this movie before the 40 year old virgin and it looks hilarious! The plot involves the waitstaff of a TGI Fridays style restaurant called 'Shenanigans' and looks to play fun with what waiters and waitresses put up with.

It looks to have a great cast with Ryan Reynolds, Luis Guzman, Anna Faris and Justin Long. Watch the trailer at this link and also check out the directors blog which is quite entertaining.

Waiting...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Reminds me of working for Domino's Pizza, except we didn't screw around with the customers.

Jason

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Saw the trailer before Wedding Crashers. Looks like trash. Disgusting, actually.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I saw this trailer before The 40 Year Old Virgin as well. Looks funny. Reminds me of when I worked at a 'Sizzler' 11 years ago (5 second rule). Though at Sizzler the rule was "If you drop the steak on the floor - throw it into the deep fryer for 5 seconds to kill the germs".

Yum Yum.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
That's just lovely. Always nice to see a good level of professionalism on the set. I just love how Guzman starts ordering the director to not curse at him after rifling off f-bomb after f-bomb at him in the first place.:rolleyes

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
dont toy with The Guz's emotions.

How does something like that just "LEAK" though? I'm thinking that's some internet goofery.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Wow, that's completely changed my opinion of Guzman. Who is he to act like that? What an ass! :thumbsdown:

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
daaaaaam. Look at the Guz trying to pull cards. "You know how many directors I've worked with?" And they all managed to get the exact same performance out of him--Luis Guzman. I love his work, but he's never done anything but play himself. I'm pretty sure Soderbergh and Anderson wouldn't like this dude trying to use their names to beat up other directors with.

I mean, after reading the blog, to find out Guz was this close to quitting the film because he doesn't get to shout "Pissing Pussy Bitch" at another actor? weak sauce. Maybe the director was a little too green, but you signed on with his ass, didn't you?

Ah well. I still dig the Guz. I'm sure every actor and every director in Hollywood has something like this on tape somewhere ;) I know that if we saw some video of Spielberg actually directing, we'd have a different interpretation of Spielberg. Because apparently he is one HELL of a screamer on set.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
:).....yeah what an asshole that Guzman is huh? Old Luis was certainly a good enough actor to fool some of you folks! :laugh:

It reminds me of the time that a scene from the mock-umentary Incident at Loch Ness was snuck onto the internet and there was a big thread here talking about how this was PROOF!! ...well no it wasn't and I even said in that thread that the footage looked phony. Well, in fairness until the entire story is out I guess you go with what you can see.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
:) hey, in my defense, I said at the beginning I thought this was some goofery. I still liked the Guz even after that.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Again, in all fairness unless you knew it was a joke it did seem pretty legit.

Guz is the MAN when it comes to striking discomfort into the hearts of actors!:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Well, the director is acting like it was a very real incident (according to his blog) while an actor is stating otherwise. Plus, in this interview, Guzman really slams the director. If this is an April Fools joke, continuing it even into September (date of the interview) is going a bit far.

So no, I'm not buying the April Fools thing that easily. So far, the evidence is pointing at it being legitimate, not some prank.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hmm...upon reading the blog and Luis' interview I have to admit that it is possible that the whole "april fool's bitches" thing might have just been a cover up/back-paddling from Guz that Long was just repeating....on the other hand after reading the SLAM piece I have to admit that any interview where the interviewer writes his responses in phony ass pseudo-ebonics such as "Fa sho." & "You cot damn right." seemingly in some lame attempt to attain "street cred" with his apparent reading target isn't one that I am entirely willing to believe as solid legitimate journalism either. But that's me and it doesn't mean Guzman's quotes weren't accurate.

Hmmm....it is possible though, I have to admit...but why would Guz shoot himself in the foot with a bad reputation like that? If you are a major star you might get away with that crap but aside from some slight cult status Guzman is hardly a "star" and probably doesn't need the label of "difficult character actor" on his resume. Weird.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Yeah that's quite a hard hitting interview lol. If it's a joke maybe the director will give us a video of the "April fools" part soon.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
With all the good press he got from Blade 3 (acting and body) why is he doing stuff like this? Maybe he did this movie right after he finished Blade and before the reviews. He has the ab body so I am guessing he either did it for the money or it was before the good press.
He should aim higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks