What's new

Waiting for Lawrence of Arabia and 2001 4K (1 Viewer)

McHugh

Agent
Real Name
Soon Louis
I am very surprised that Lawrence of Arabia has not been released on 4K given that The Bridge on the River Kwai 4K has. It is the number one movie I want to see in 4K and Sony hasn't even announced a release date. 2001: A Space Odyssey will also be a definite purchase for me as well but no release date for it either.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
I am very surprised that Lawrence of Arabia has not been released on 4K given that The Bridge on the River Kwai 4K has. It is the number one movie I want to see in 4K and Sony hasn't even announced a release date. 2001: A Space Odyssey will also be a definite purchase for me as well but no release date for it either.
2001 release date announced as Oct 30, 2018.

I certainly would like to see Lawrence of Arabia on a UHD blu-ray rather then the existing streaming versions.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Seems like Sony always includes Lawrence in its demos to launch new formats but waits forever until to release it. They should've put it out last year for its 65th Anniversary. Guess they'll probably wait until 2022.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Seems like Sony always includes Lawrence in its demos to launch new formats but waits forever until to release it. They should've put it out last year for its 65th Anniversary. Guess they'll probably wait until 2022.
55th Anniversary.

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got an email from Warners talking about 2001 in UHD coming on October 30.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
More Classics like this need to be released in 4K UHD Disc ! River Kwai is the only Classic I have. My other 4K discs are King Kong 2005 and Planet Earth 2. That's my 4K collection. 2001 A S O will be my next. Unless Lawrence comes out first.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I've been doing comparisons of the 2 versions...switching back and forth...and the Amazon vastly superior.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I bought it under 4K UHD
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 10.30.02 AM.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been doing comparisons of the 2 versions...switching back and forth...and the Amazon vastly superior.
I need to check it out because I bought the iTunes version a long time ago which means I own the Amazon Prime version too. I just double checked and the Amazon version is in my Amazon Prime film library.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
No you aren't missing much except a few things which may or may not matter .The Kaleidescape allows one to play the title anywhere in your home, frequently the titles are released significantly earlier than the discs, all titles go directly to the film when selected not to menus and trailers, one can store hundreds if not thousands of titles on the drive for instant access. You select scenes that can be kept as scripts for demonstration if you like , just a few things. I'm sure I'm missing some things. It isn't the least expensive way to watch BDs or UHD BDs however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks