What's new

"Waiting" another theatrical only as a fullscreen/unrated is widescreen (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just saw the notice in home media retailing that this will be as stated in title.

the only way to get it wide is buy the unrated version.

if you want the theatrical "R" cut it's only in full screen.
also r cut is 1 disc 92 mins.
the unrated is a 2 disc spec ed. 94 mins.

both include
"first of it's kind special feature technology" *
-filmaker telestrator commentary
-expanded interactive cast and crew commentary
*subject to change

i know this is no great movie but there are those who liked it and i bet some of them would like to see the orgional cut in widescreen.

a bad trend continues.

Joel C

Screenwriter
At least it's only 2 minutes and not a film-ruining 17 bloated pace-killing minutes.

Not that I am thinking of an example.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's ridiculous- I would have picked this up but I want the theatrical version (which one being 'better' is irrelevant to me). Would have picked up 40 Year Old Virgin but passed on that for the same reason. I probably WILL be buying Wedding Crashers (even though I'm not as eager to see that than these other 2) since the Unrated disc has BOTH versions of the movie, as all such releases should. Anyone know if the upcoming formats will be able to do seamless branching easier than regular DVD does?

Random thought for the day- if Fox could use seamless branching to give us 2 versions of "From Justin To Kelly", why couldn't they do the same with the Star Wars movies? ;)

Matt Shiv

Agent
I would probably never watch this movie, but the problem I have with these releases is that when the widescreen version is only in a 2-disc version...rental stores (at least around me) are choosing to stock the single disc full screen version.

I was curious to watch "The Great Raid", but my local rental chains only had the R-rated full screen version available for rent. I don't want to pay to buy a movie like that blindly in its 2-disc widescreen version, but I would have rented it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
another one is coming.

Derailed will have 3 versions.

unrated as both a wide and a full version.
the theatrical R will only be fullscreen.

maybe we could make this a thread a list thread of all dvds released this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks