Wait till the end of the credits?

JediFonger

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ah, so it sounds like industry standards&practices. even if someone of power wanted to eliminate the credit, they can't =(.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I like the Naked Gun films because they list all the people with only one-line and identify the character by their one line and the actor's name.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Our family always stays for the end credits. My wife likes to look for credits of people with the same last names as the director, producer or actors. Who cares if the ushers come in and want to clean up? Can't they clean somewhere else besides our 8 sq. ft. of space? We rarely go to movies with friends, but when we do, we stay anyway. It's only a few minutes and if they don't want to stay, we catch up with them.

I also liked the Darth Vader effect at the end of Star Wars I. It was very creepy given what we knew.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I always stick around through the end credits. I don't always read everything, but sometimes I'll look for things like music credits or location information. And I consider the music that's played over the closing credits to be part of the movie. I saw "Serenity" multiple times in the theatre and hung around to the very end every time, just to hear the version of the original "Firefly" theme that's played at the end.

I can confirm that there is something after the credits in Pirates: DMC. Though the theatre was packed for a weekday matinee, I was probably one of three people who saw that ending tag!

I don't think anyone's mentioned yet "The Producers," the musical version from last year. Again, I was one of maybe four people who saw what was possibly the funniest scene in the whole movie. And, really, anyone who saw the stage show or bought the soundtrack should've known better than to leave before it was OVER-over.

Marty M

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I always stay through all the credits. Since I am a fan of score music, I am interested in the ending credit music. It is frustrating when almost everyone else gets up and leaves while we are trying to read the credits.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
I always stay unless the bathroom is about to kill me. My wife will sometimes stay, the teens only if I tell them there might me something at the end. Sometimes they can get antsy, but I usually drive and have the keys in my pocket so I win. At worst is an extra 5-10 minutes and the the crowd is a bit more dispersed by that time so it's easier to get out anyway.

I HATE cleanup crews and the lights coming up. It's bad enough when the cleaning people make a lot of noise, but when they start talking to each other or yelling across the aisles then I get testy and have several of them to be quiet or shoot them a look if I can catch their eye that they almost always cease talking at least.

DavidPla

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I think it would be VERY disrespectful to remove any of the credits from the film. So what if it takes 5 - 10 minutes to get through, you can always leave. People spend months of their lives on a 2 hour film... damn right they should have their names shown at the end of the film. It's a hell of a lot of work and all the names are important.

DavidPla

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member

But 100 years from now... will IMDB still be around? A tleast we know that somewhere some films are being preserved in volts.

JediFonger

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
imdb.com has become an invaluable tool to hollywood. if imdb isn't around, films won't either.

look at films from the 30's and 40's. how many of them are still being preserved today? even big titles like King Kong which made tons of dough had difficulty locating pristine elements. not everything lasts forever... even film.

MatthewLouwrens

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
It's not just the inclusion of the "Goodbye" song, which I really think is very funny (and which gave Mel an on-screen appearance - Yay) that is worth staying for in The Producers. After the (okay) new song There's Nothing Like A Show On Broadway, there's a brilliant track where Will Farrell sings the silly German-dance-song Der Guten Tag Hop-Clop as a My Heart Will Go On clone. I was completely not expecting it, and my gosh it was funny. Usually when I force my friends to stay through the credits for an ending tag, they complain, and almost always feel like the tag wasn't worth it for the time taken to wait, but they really enjoyed The Hop-Clop Goes On / Goodbye combination.

Incidentally, I was just speaking to a friend of mine who couldn't figure out why the monkey was still undead in Pirates 2. So I explained to her about the end tag of Pirates 1, and she's going off to check it tonight. I do love the fact that they actually carried the events in the first film's end tag on into the second film, so that people who didn't see it can have a Huh? response. It's not just a small little joke, but actually a (albeit very minor) plot point in the second film. I nearly cheered when I saw the skeletal monkey in its first scene.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrosmed