What's new

Wait till the end of the credits? (1 Viewer)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
A recent one is Shark Tale. Actually, the gags occur during the end credits, but it still gives you extra incentive to stay seated for the credits. Aladdin also has something after the end credits, if I am remembering correctly.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Airplane! has jokes imbedded in the credits (but you have to read them)

Claire Panke

Second Unit
I enjoy movies with something going on *during* the end credits: the various fishy shenanigans in Finding Nemo; the "outtakes" in Monsters Inc; the failed stunts & bloopers in Jackie Chan movies; the little people & critter tracks and the odd Hogwart's rooms on the Marauder's Map in Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban (plus the final "Mischief managed....nox).

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Les Visiteurs has my favourite:

the film begins and ends in mediaeval France. At the end of the credits, there is a view of the French countryside with the writing superimposed - lovers of the credits, we salute you (or similar). The camera then pans to a mediaeval knight standing on a castle rampart and waving at the camera - wearing sunglasses. It sounds rather lame written down, but it really works when you see it.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The Muppet Movie: Animal appears on screen and yells to the audience, "Go home! Go home! Buh-bye," then faints.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
The Triplets of Belleville
Detroit Rock City (I'm somewhat ashamed to know this)
Idle Hands

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Daredevil
Lethal Weapon 3(I think - thew one that starts with them trying to diffuse the bomb)
Kill Bill 2

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
An American Werewolf in London added "...Living, Dead or Undead..." to the disclaimer at the end.

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead added to that same disclaimer, "...or will suffer the wrath of the Tall Man."

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
The Mission

Airplane, FYI, did have a segment after the credits were over as well. Remember the old man waiting in Ted Striker's taxicab?
biggrin.gif

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure some find it snobby but I try to appreciate the total film, even if some of the credit rules have gotten out of hand and it feels like in most cases the filmmakers don't really care much about that segment. Sometimes you get a great treatment like with the recent Moulin Rouge, but often the best you get is solid work on the main credits and then the standard black with white scroll.

In any case I still sit, listen to the chosen exit music and mull over the film I just saw while the mood is still fresh. I don't wait for extra final scenes but I'm glad its become more common because it might be enough to train people not to rush out of the theater.

The few times I leave early are if its a bathroom emergency or the rare instance that the film truly annoyed the hell out of me. I figure staying through the credits is also a sign of respect for the film so if the film loses my respect then out I go. :)

One of the more recent credit efforts that continued the spirit of the film and featured some small gags if you watched closely were the ones for Harry Potter 3.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
One of my all time favorites was the stinger at the end of John Woo's Once A Thief. In line with the Star Wars Vader sound efx was at the end of Aliens with the facehugger sound efx.

--Ian

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone remember Ghostbusters ?

The ghostbusters are walking away from the camera and it pans back to a view of the city then Slimer charges straight towards the camera screaming all the way.

Also loved the ending od Sout Park: BLU - I was the only person in the house when all of a sudden they show Ike in the attic eat the rat...I just grinned ear to ear.

I always like to stay for the total credits and really hate it when the lights go up and the ushers walk in with a pissed off look in you direction. Thank God for DVD where I always get to see the total film. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks