What's new

Wait till the end of the credits? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The Muppet Movie- @ the end of the credits, Animal is looking straight into the camera, yelling GO HOME! GO HOME!
The Great Muppet Caper- Gonzo points his camera @ the audience, says "Say Cheese," and his flashbulb goes off.
Spy Kids- shot of Floop's casttle after the credits
Spy Kids 2- shot of the secret treehouse shutting down
Spy Kids 3-D- screen tests by Darryl Sabara and Alexa Vega for the first film

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I always watch Phantom Menace all the way to when Vader breaths. It's easy since the music is so wonderful that I don't want to turn it off until I've heard it all. Thanks to people mentioning it here I stayed until the very end of Kill Bill Vol.2 to see the outtake.

I wish more movies would have surprises at the very end of the credits!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Nobody mentioned Triplets of Belleville yet, did they? Funny little bit at the end of those credits.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Some good choices mentioned here. The end of Ferris Bueller's Day Off was pretty cool. Just after the end credits finish rolling, there's a short clip of Matthew Broderick as Ferris peeking out from his room and saying, "You're still here?" He then walks out to the camera, wearing a bathrobe and saying, "It's over. Go home." He then walks back, waves his hand, and says, "Go." Then they kick in with the last note from Yello's "Oh Yeah" to end the film.

The end of Hooper also had some bits culled from a number of the different stunts throughout the film.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I usually don't stay unless there's some really cool music playing. If there's something after the credits, I'll just wait for the DVD and fast forward through them till the end.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Time Bandits: after the credits the still photo of the boy(taking a photo with a camera) comes to life and the bandits laugh and click glasses.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
"Adventures in Babysitting," after the credits there's a quick shot of a thug crying, still trapped on the skyscraper ledge...

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
I'll add the after credit farting scene in "A Knights Tale" ... silly, but funny :)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets had something at the end of the credits? Dang, I'm gunna have to break out that DVD tonight and check it out!

Disney movies usually have something funny at the end of the credits. I can remember they'd been doing it as far back as Aladdin, which the Genie popping up and saying "Made ya look!"

I love the "outtakes" they do during the credits for the Disney/Pixar movies, like Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Bug's Life, etc.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I see a lot of movies at industry screenings where staying through the end of the crawel is REQUIRED. Getting up before the credits end is the social equivilent of running out on a dinner party right before the check comes... Thus Ive acquired the habit of staying and never get up before they're done.

Wow, I never thought about it that way, but it's kinda true! If you're at a special screening, then that totally makes sense. I don't mind staying through the credits, but usually people that I go with are tired of sitting for hour and a half to two hours and just want to leave.

I guess when you pay to watch the movie, rather than being invited to some special screening, it's like going to a pre-paid dinner (like a buffet) and you leave when you're finished.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
My wife has learned over the years that I like to stay and watch the entire movie so she usually does not mind waiting with me. Luckily I also have friends that wont leave untill the credits are done to. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: That makes things easy for me with out making anyone wait for what some think is a waste of time.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

And often during those screenings various members of the audience applaud during opening or closing credits when they identify a colleague or friend's name.

"There's Travis, he such a good Key Grip." ;)

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I've always viewed staying through the credits, extra footage or not, to be a sign of respect for the people who put so much time and energy into the film you've just watched. I've never had a problem sitting and watching the names roll by, but I very rarely get to do so. Why? The people who work at the theaters I go to, that's why.

Just the other night I went to see "Kill Bill 2" with a friend of mine, and even though everyone else was getting up to leave, we sat there and watched most of the credits. We were the only two people sitting in the theater and one of the ushers came in with his broom and dustpan and looked at us like we were urinating on his ancestors' graves. He cleared his throat and we just kind of looked at each other and got up and left. This was after Uma "winked" so we figured the credits were over; only after reading this thread do I realize how wrong I was about that.

I mean, I know it's all about commerce, but I did pay 6 bucks and up to watch the whole film and I'd really like to sit there until it's truly over, but apparently cleaning the floors (which are never truly clean in this particular theater) is more important than keeping a satisfied customer. And yes, I do overreact to this type of thing. ;)

Staying semi-on-topic, one of my favorite post-credits bits is in the "Jackass" movie. That film is already a guilty pleasure, and the ending was just hilarious.

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator

That gives me a strange urge to get a big group of people to clap every time the key grip credit shows up, for every movie we go to... :D

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Can you name some....e.g Wayne's World 2 with the Indian, Dumb and Dumber with the Tropicana bus tour

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Just off the top of my head...

Young Sherlock Holmes (probably the best example of this)
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Pirates of the Caribbean

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Shrek 2 and Hellboy to name 2 films from this year. Shrek 2 manages to introduce a whole new plot point... after the credits!

The biggest one I can remember from when I was a kid is Masters of the Universe when Skeletor lunges forward out of the cesspool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks