What's new

Wait till the end of the credits? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
After seeing Kill Bill volume 2 I was informed by a friend of mine tol me that their is a scene after the credits are done rolling up screen of Uma Thurman with the eye ball from the first film. I usually stay untill the credits are done just for this reason, alot of films have extra stuff at the end. So I got to thinking, how often do you wait untill the movie completely finishes and what are some of your favorites?
I put this thread in the dvd forum because not every body can rush out and check out the movie again, but you can reference your DVD collection pretty quickly.

The most recent one that comes to mind is at the end of Brother Bear. Koda pops up on screen and says no animals were harmed in the making of this film and in the back ground is a giant bear chasing a screaming fish through the water yelling he's going to kill me! help me! help me! Thought that was pretty funny.

One I still like is at the end of Scary Movie 1 when doofy is saying good bye to the vacuum cleaner and then says ok one more.:D

Post your favorites and you might even see some you never knew were there.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I didn't read all of your post since I haven't seen KB:2 yet, but I did read the last line.

The only one I can actually remember is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I thought it was pretty funny.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Jeff, but you are talking more about movies themselves and not any home-video format per se. Hence, I've relocated your thread, despite the disclaimer in your post.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I remember sitting in a theater after 2:00am in 1999 after an opening day midnight show of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace to see the end of the credits. I thought it was cool that they added the Vader breathing SFX at the very end of those credits. I sent an e-mail to all of my family and friends telling them to be sure to stay until the end of the credits only to have several of them ask me later why. I guess they were expecting something cooler than that sound effect. :frowning:

Any of the Pixar films that had "outtakes" were worthwhile staying for.

"Grumpy Old Men" at the end of the credits, Walter Matthau taking a bath says, "If I had known I would be doing a nude scene, I'd have asked for another million." :)

JKS

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Thx for the reply and move. :D

I stayed for the Star Wars ending also.
The end of the Matrix Reloaded had a trailer for the Next one Revolutions. None of my friends caught that one.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Lethal Weapon 3 had another huge building explode after the credits had rolled. Great joke. :D

Pirates of the Carribean had the monkey go back and pick up a piece of gold...sequel bait. :D

What I hate is when I find out that there is something after the credits, then I wait, and the projectionist cut off that part of the reel!! :angry: This happened with Fast and the Furious. There is that whole seen with Vin driving along in Mexico.

If I don't hear about something, like the trailer for Revolutions, or the breathing at the end of Episode I, then I don't stick around. I wish I heard about the KB2 one though.

2 silly visual jokes I can think of at the end of the credits would be at the end of Planes Trains and Automobiles the ad exec is still looking over the two cover's saying "hmmmmm". And at the end of FX/2 the guy who can't fly a helicopter is still stuck in the air screaming. :)

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I think this is after the credits.

At the end of" Airplane!", we see a shot of Ted Stryker's passenger still waiting in his cab.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
The only films that I ALWAYS stayed until the end of the credits were the Bond films because the next film was always announced.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I always stay until the lights come up unless I have to go to the bathroom so bad I've been in pain for the last half hour. That's ususally not a problem though.

I LOVE IT when filmakers add something in the credits or immediately after. It's like a little treat for those of us who stay. I chuckle at people who always come into these threads and get all huffy about it too. They'll be here, just watch.

I laughed and laughed at the people who zoomed to the exits, were outta there as the credits started for the new Dawn of the Dead. The actual ending of the movie is during the credits.

Important plot points are given during the credits of Wild Things.

Of course, God, in Jay and Silent Bob.

Gary Palmer

Stunt Coordinator
Quick flashes at the end of THE HOWLING (a clip from THE WOLF MAN) and JEEPERS CREEPERS.

A MAJOR plot twist in YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES.

Animated bits and pieces during the closing credits of GREMLINS 2 THE NEW BATCH ("Don't you people have homes to go to?").

Great stuff.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I always stay until the end of the credits. Not only do I not want to miss anything, but there is always music to listen to (or at least funny names to read).

My favorite after-the-credits scene is at the end of Toy Story 2 with Tour Guide Barbie.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I'd always like to stay, but I'm with friends or family who think it's dumb, or the house lights come up (happened during Spy Kids). So I wait for DVD. We stayed quite a bit for Kill Bill vol. 2, but figured it was done when Uma winked and one of us wanted to leave. I would of stayed for the great soundtrack.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
With a new kid in the house I have seen Monster inc about 100 times in the last 2 months and I just noticed the other night at the end it says no Monsters were harmed making this film. Not a big one but never noticed it before.

I love the end of airplane to.:D

Boo to the guy who shuts the movie down early, had that happen a few times.:thumbsdown:

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Didn't Masters of the Universe have sequal bait at the end? just thought I would bring up some old school stuff :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Episode 1, Young Sherlock Holmes, Gremlins 2, Matrix Reloaded, these were the ones that came to my mind.
And now I see Ferris Bueller mentioned, that was pretty good also.

Unfortunately I missed the Pirates one - I'll watch out for that on DVD. I usually try to stay to the end of the credits, but when you're with people who want to go, it's hard. (If I have heard about material at the end, I do force people to stay - I've already told my friends we are staying for KB)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I would like to stay until the end of the credits, but am usually unable to. I saw "Kill Bill Vol. 2" last friday with a bunch of my friends and they, like always, must immediately dash out of the theater upon the very first credit so they can get outside to smoke cigarettes - even if there is footage rolling on the screen. This annoys the hell out of me because they get upset if I stay in the theater ("Dude, where the hell were you?" is what I usually hear). I usually don't drive (after all, I don't allow smoking in my car) so I get bitched at for sitting in there.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Another great one was Austin Powers 2, with Mustaffa still at the bottom of the cliff! :D

RafaelB

Second Unit
And you can't forget South Park: BLU with little Ike still stuck in the attic and eating a rat. :)

Rafael.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Ones I remember:

Daredevil: Bullseye at the hospital was pretty funny
Lethal weapon 3: already mentioned...
Wayne's world: can't remember if 1 or both of them have something extra at the end
Matrix Reloaded: also mentioned...
Brother Bear

I'm sure I've seen a few more but I can't remember them right now. Great thread idea though, it hasn't even reached that long yet but I've already seen some (pirates, fast and the furious, grumpy old men...)that I hadn't heard about before!
:D

I hope people keep this thread updated for future films so that other's won't miss out seeing the bonus stuff in theaters.

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
I remember "starting" to wait for the end with the Sellers' film "Being There" (1979) where they showed out-takes. The Jackie Chan films are also good for post-film out-takes.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks