What's new

Wahoo! SVS addressing the $400 market...PB10-ISD coming (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Allen,

We'll take cute. The other colors are much more menacing though I hope ;^)

Kevin,

Funny you should ask, that's up on the News page too. For those worn out from clicking the week away:

+/- 1dB from 21-125hz quasi-anechoic. *And using the industry standard +/-3dB window… 18-200hz

Not too shabby. Best we've seen in this class, which is why we're pretty confident it's the entry level sub to beat.

Ron

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see the speaker terminals on the PB10. Are there speaker terminals connections or RCA in connections?

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Kevin, I think this sub is designed like the Servo, with the bare essentials needed for most hook-ups, and no internal crossover. In most cases volume and a single RCA is more than adequate, although phase is useful too.

It's only if you wish to have ability to have tune configurations, or connection from a stereo analogue pre-amp (require sub crossover) or connection from high level inputs (again full-range, require sub crossover)

Just fitting what you need, and getting rid of everything else results in a cheaper product and/or putting the rest of the price into box/driver/higher quality amplifier.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
I'm sure they Ron/Tom will be back to fill in the blanks on the amp.

Looks as tho a single RCA line in, phase 0-180 switch, auto/on/off switch, with volume and crossover controls.

NO speaker level in/outs
No crossover bypass switch

Power?
Just a guess around 150+ continious & transit peek power higher of course????

Could be very very wrong on Amp controls and power. In the smallish pic it's very hard to see the controls clearly.

Edit:
Anyone think or "see different" till Tom or Ron comes to straighten us all out???

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Master power switch
Auto on/always on switch
0-180 continuous phase control
Gain control

>>>Just a guess around 150+ continious & transit peek power higher

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
OK - let me see if I have this straight:

PB10-ISD:
- Power: ~300W
- +/-3dB 18-200 Hz (20 Hz tuning?)
- Nice Frequency Response
- Dimensions: 15"x18"x22" Weight: ??lbs
- Phase Control
- Gain Control
- Choice of color (black, white, silver/grey, tan)
- Price: ~$400

PB1-ISD:
- Power: 320W
- +/-3dB 20-100 Hz (22 Hz tuning)
- Also Nice Frequency Response
- Dimensions: 18"x21"x20" Weight: 78lbs
- Phase Control
- Gain Control
- Dual RCA inputs
- Speaker terminals
- Choice of color (black only)
- Price: $599

So, why would I pay $200 more for the PB1-ISD? What am I missing?

Brandon

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
It will provide better output at a lower frequency. This is based on the charts. It is possible the charts were tested under different environments as well but I would think they would be the same.

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
From the looks of the charts:

15 Hz: PB10-ISD: 80dB PB1-ISD: 84dB
12 Hz: PB10-ISD: 60dB PB1-ISD: 70dB
10 Hz: PB10-ISD: 40dB? PB1-ISD: 62dB

Is the extra 10dB worth the extra $$

I'm not dissing the PB1-ISD, believe me. I'm thinking of getting the PB2-ISD. But this really makes me want to pre-order this "little" guy!

Brandon

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
Might have different brand amps as well, not sure? I don't know if they put BASH amps in all their subs or not. I agree though, when I saw how close they were and if that was all I was looking at I would get the PB10 over the PB1.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
10dB is a hell of a difference, no doubt help from the bigger driver. I would pay $200 for a maximum of 10dB, that's if you are near the limits of the 10.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi all,

1) all of our powered models use the BASH amplifier platform...the new PB10 included.

2) Remember, $399 will be the pre order pricing. So once we start shipping...the difference won't be $200, but something a bit less than that.

3) that difference gets you a 12" driver and a more full featured amplifier. So the PB-1isd will be able to handle larger rooms a bit better(it will have more clean output capabilities over most of the intended operating bandwidth)...and it willallow you to connect to almost any type of audio system. With the PB-10isd...you'll need to connect it to a DD/DTS receiver/processor.(or something that includes built in low pass crossover capabilities for the bass)...or add an external crossover.

Tom V.
SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks