What's new

Wahoo! SVS addressing the $400 market...PB10-ISD coming (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
That's great! news Ron. Been hoping for some time a offering by SVS would come along at this $$price-point that merits putting the SVS logo on. Great job and keep'em coming.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Does anyone at SVS drive cool cars? I need to feel my money is at least being sent off to pay off a few Porsche's or Audi S4's or something cool.

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
Funny you should say that...Cant speak for Ron but I know Tom V has a very cool Hot Rod....A Blown early 69-70 Chevelle! I have a cool pic of it with all 3 cylinders posing in front of it! Very cool pic and a serious Hot Rod....looks like a easy 9 sec machine or better....

So yes....your money is going to a worthwhile cause! :D

Jack Keck

Second Unit
If I may, I would like to briefly touch on the subject of the Rat Shack meter being made available.....

I HAD TO GO TO THREE RADIO SHACKS TO FIND MINE!!!!

So I think you on behalf of those who will not be spared that hassle.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
69-SS Chevelle, Blown for a number of years now, no^² injected also at one point, and he's had it since he was (15) years old.

Thats pushing 25 years plus now and he loves his HP & is fricken nuts to boot...:laugh:....

It poses here with some of the first SVS tubes, and the yard gaurd Dobi. I belive this has been loaded here by Tom himself at one point and hope he dose not mind me linking a pic.
You can see a pic of Toms life long baby, his BB 69-SS Chevelle here.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron likes the old muscel steel too! He had a T-37 Tempest which I belive is gone now...:frowning:
Ron mentioned he would like a 69-RS/Z28 or 69-RS/SS Camaro someday for a nice play toy.. Good choice I say..
At this rate of SUB sales/CO growth, that dream may soon come true one day.
Quite rare limited run Camaro's for those that do not know with the dual packages on them.

Hell Ron, go all out and find one of the very very few 69-ZL-1 Camaros. Bring a very big check book tho, even for one in pieces....
Over 600-HP without touching anything from the factory.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Well it's OT for sure but it's no secret that SVS is just polluted with car nuts. Tom's been into Detroit street iron with serious hotrodding for a long time, Erik in phones is a bike nut, and having lived all over the world (albeit with only an Army paycheck for many years) my eclectic list includes:

70 Pontiac Lemans T-37
83 Chevy X-11
76 Porsche Carrera 911
80 Alfa Romeo GTV
88 Fiero GT
85 BMW 323i
03 Cadillac CTS

Plenty of family haulers mixed in there that'll go unmentioned.

Most of those have gone on to others with the time to maintain them (some no doubt meeting the crusher though) each was restored by hand, and on a shoestring.

As SVS consumed our lives cars have been pushed aside to a large degree unfortunately. Tom's fired up his Chevelle maybe one time since I've known him. Such is the load running a business puts on you.

It's less a financial thing (though few running speaker companies are rich, if they ARE rich, they are probably just one competitor away from being knocked in the head) than time. Still, high-performance runs through our veins at SVS no matter what the hobby. Believe it or not BICYCLES used to be my "thing". I've got a Titanium Litespeed I've thrown my leg over once since I got it last fall.

Someday the partners at SVS might have plenty of time and money, but for now we're just focused on providing the product we know customers have been asking for to fill their lifestyles and budget. Fortunately, most of the fine folks we deal with seem to have time and money still ;^)

PS, I have always lusted after precisely two cars. A 1970 Pontiac GTO "Judge" and a 1969 Camaro Z28, Geoff is dead on with that. Someday. For now I'll just be happy if I can keep my sanity while our first child learns how to drive the 98 Seville she bought. Anyone that's lived through that experience knows the many aspects of being a car enthusiast, including that of wanting to just park them and walk sometimes ;^)

Ron

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

That's a familiar list :D I'm more partial to the Camaros though; most any of the 67, 68, 69's work for me. Yes, a time thing - I don't have the time to build one the way I'd like. I have some really nice drool pics from a car show, I'll get them up on a site so I can post links.

My daughter is learning to drive right now too... She has done surprisingly well, though it has not been an uneventful process :rolleyes

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Well, that answeres that! :D

I guess building a strong, stable, sucessful company is more important than cashing in now and seeing years of work crumble.

Danm, I just can't believe what sort of brand you guys have made for yourself. Everyone (99%+) either loves or respects your company and products, and it just keeps getting better and better.

I guess in a few years when you are selling 5,000 subwoofers a week at high margin, then you can get a couple Judge's and Z28's :emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
At least the things you are letting slide are being pushed aside for something else that you love :) Nothing wrong with that.

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
I had no idea Ron! Here I was trading emails with Tom on a PC Sim I race all the time in (All Sports cars..Like ALMS 01-03, Proto-C, GTX-5, etc..) as I know he does the Xbox thing...but I see you know a little about turning left and right also! :D

And the Litespeed! If you need it to go to a good home???? I dream of such things! Nice ride!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Go ahead John. Shame me into going for a ride ;^)

On the bike that is.

My cars were all very good going right and left. I'm pretty sure Tom's beast only goes in a straight line.

A very FAST straight line though LOL!

Ron

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
Well you live in the town for riding! Hop on that Ti! I live in the town where the '84 Olympic Bike races were held (and yes, I was there!)...and not a flat street around here for many a mile! LOL! But like you, I need to ride, bad. Watching the TDF every year does that to me! He He..

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Litespeed! Nice! Is that road or mountain? You are in prime area for both. I road a demo Litespeed mountain bike frame...that was a sweet ride.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Curtis,

Road, 2002 Ultimate (pre-carbon seat stays) with Campy Chorus 9 speed. Gets very little (OK, no) use lately. A few runs on my XTR mountain bike here and there but that's it. C. Springs is pretty bike crazy, but honestly it's one of the least bike friendly places I've ever lived (in terms of riding safely and legally). Four years living in Italy taught me the joy of long road rides though.

Now that's it, I refuse to participate in any more efforts to hijack an SVS thread ;^)

Ron

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

OK OK...then I won't ask what kind of mountain bike frame you have. If I got back into it, I think I would switch from carbon fiber to titanium, unless I went full suspension.

OK...back to original program...sorry.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many of those cars have "factory seconds" of PCi's stuffed in the trunks ;)

PS: If I preorder a new mini-svs for my 2-chnl bookshelf system, can I get a free sub-human T-shirt. My last one got spaghetti sauce on it (damned white cotton!).:angry:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What was the subject-matter of this Thread anyway? I seem to have forgotten and can't find my way:b Was it bikes? Let me tell you about the first bike I got. One morning when my Father was going off to work........:b

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
NO new T-shirt, Sorry should have went black cotton.....

But listen, I know a guy, who knows a guy, that has a friend that can get you a better washer and dryer and also even a mail order bride to use them correctly if needed.

And if you buy any one of them, you get a free T-shirt....:D

Edit:
Garrett, I'm kidding and "it was just meant in good pun"...

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Well we're still working on pulling in all the key info but we know folks wanted to at least see what this unit looked like. There will be four colors, but I thnk white shows off the contours and components best:

Dims are 15" wide, 18" tall, and 21" long. No too big, not too small we think.

You won't believe the frequency response chart SVS R/D sent me either.

A bit more is up on our News page, with more coming for those interested.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks