What's new

Wagon Train Seasons Six and Eight (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Usually at this time of the year, Timeless Media Group would have a season set of Wagon Train ready to roll towards the holiday season, but the sixth season won't be coming out until TMG's new owner Shout Factory figures out what to do about getting better transfers for the later seasons from NBCUni, which would charge an arm and a leg per episode, if they can find the negatives to work off from, but I'm not too worried.
Maybe they'll drop the tombstone-shaped tin cases with cardboard-book DVD holders inside and try something similiar to Shout's release of Route 66: The Complete Series.
How about two different sets, Seasons 1-4 and 5-8.

S

silverking

The tins Timeless used for 'Wagon Train', 'The Virginian' & some other releases were actually quite nice but very clunky & awkward to store. I would prefer more traditional packaging.
There has been a definite slowdown in Timeless releases since the Shout acquisition What has come out was mostly already in the works before the takeover was announced. I know for a fact that Timeless had made some interesting acquisitions & had plans to put them out by now, but with Shout now calling the shots they seem to have gone to the back burner. Hopefully not cancelled altogether. I have my doubts though.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
silverking said:
The tins Timeless used for 'Wagon Train', 'The Virginian' & some other releases were actually quite nice but very clunky & awkward to store. I would prefer more traditional packaging.
There has been a definite slowdown in Timeless releases since the Shout acquisition What has come out was mostly already in the works before the takeover was announced. I know for a fact that Timeless had made some interesting acquisitions & had plans to put them out by now, but with Shout now calling the shots they seem to have gone to the back burner. Hopefully not cancelled altogether. I have my doubts though.
If you check out the TMG website, Wagon Train S6 and The Virginian S7 releases are now tentatively slated for February 2013. I'll be looking forward to WT in particular, but with "The Virg", I'll look to get S3, because I'm only at S1 & 2 so far on that series.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
a couple of good westerns. i havent seen either, since the original airing.
charley the cook brings back my most vivid memories of wt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks