What's new

Wagon Train - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
That's not good news, Gary, for at least myself. I've not been a fan of these "exclusive" deals, ie, Route 66 / Best Buy , the Time-Life deals, etc. I guess I'll wait until this one gets a widespread release later on since I'm not a Sam's Club mbr and it's not worth joining for this situation.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
It will probably be an exclusive only for a limited time.
But it is confirmation of a close working relationship between Sam's and Timeless. Sam's Club does appear to be their primary B&M outlet.
Given Sam's pricing on Timeless product, the cost of Wagon Train S1 should be reasonable.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I belong to Costco not Sam's. Costco use to have Timeless products but I haven't seen them lately so maybe some things have changed.

I thought I once read that you don't have to be a member to shop there. You can purchase as a guest but you get hit with a 10% surcharge. Is that true? If so, a discounted price + 10% may still be better then the price at some retailers.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I've already ordered the set from Deep Discount, and I really hope that they do not cancel the order.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker
It will probably be an exclusive only for a limited time.
But it is confirmation of a close working relationship between Sam's and Timeless. Sam's Club does appear to be their primary B&M outlet.
Given Sam's pricing on Timeless product, the cost of Wagon Train S1 should be reasonable.
I'd agree with all those sentiments, Tim. I can't imagine Timeless would ice all the other retailers out. They would only be hurting themselves if they didn't open the release up for a wider distribution later on. And the pricing for these releases has always been very good in Sam's Clubs, so I'm hoping this one will come in at something like $39.99 because that's my holdout price for this particular release.
Gary "this is being advertised as a 'Limited Edition' though, so I guess anything is possible as far as distribution goes" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary's mention of "limited ed" jogged my memory about this set. Is this the set that has the "tin" DVD package? Did TSoD mention that or somewhere else? If that's the limited ed, maybe that's the reason for the exclusive Sam's distribution deal. If that's the case, it won't matter to me later on if I get this in a widespread release without the limited ed "tin" container.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /forum/thread/292000/wagon-train-season-1#post_3605416
Gary's mention of "limited ed" jogged my memory about this set. Is this the set that has the "tin" DVD package? Did TSoD mention that or somewhere else? If that's the limited ed, maybe that's the reason for the exclusive Sam's distribution deal. If that's the case, it won't matter to me later on if I get this in a widespread release without the limited ed "tin" container.
Yep, that's the one you are thinking of Jeff. It's supposed to come in a tin that looks like a covered wagon. No, I'm not joking about that. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Gary "I'm with you on packaging Jeff - that kind of gimmicky stuff doesn't matter to me at all" O.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
It looks like Sam's does have an exclusive on this Set - if only briefly. Here is the email that Deep Discount DVD just sent me regarding my order placed for Wagon Train Season 1 placed a couple of months ago:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

I somehow doubt that there was overwhelming demand for Wagon Train Season 1! It must be this crazy Timeless/Sam's Club pairing. I don't have a Sam's Club near me so it is kind of irritating.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Doug^Ch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks like Sam's does have an exclusive on this Set - if only briefly. Here is the email that Deep Discount DVD just sent me regarding my order placed for Wagon Train Season 1 placed a couple of months ago:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days. I somehow doubt that there was overwhelming demand for Wagon Train Season 1! It must be this crazy Timeless/Sam's Club pairing. I don't have a Sam's Club near me so it is kind of irritating.
+1. I've never been in favor of "exclusive" offers, Best Buy, Sam's, etc. I haven't checked if this one is available online from Sam's but I'm not a Sam's member so I'll have to wait for this one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm a Sam's Club member and visit about once every couple of weeks. I'll be going in tomorrow so I'll let everyone know if/when I see anything. The price would have to be under $50 before I'd even think about purchasing.

Gary "like Jeff, I'm not a fan of these sets being 'exclusive' to one store" O.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm also a sam's club member. I was there today and no Wagon Train s1.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
Isn't Sam's and Costco Related? Would they have these sets?
Although both Costco and Sam's Club are both membership-only warehouse stores, they are actually competitors. Sam's Club is owned by Walmart.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Two weeks ago I received an email from Deep Discount DVD that Wagon Train the First Season had been delayed. This morning I received an email from them saying that it had been discontinued by the manufacturer. I don't know if it really has been put on indefinite hold or cancelled for good. I was really looking forward to this set.

Kronosis

Agent
Real Name
David
As much as I would love to own this set, the price will be what keeps me away. The "collectible" tin idea does not make me want to buy this. I've just gotta pass on this one until the price is more affordable.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Generally speaking, other similarly priced sets by Timeless usually make there way down to 50+% off at some point. That was my experience with the Wagon Train color season and M Squad at least. At that price it is a worth while buy for me.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I sent an email to Timeless Media about the potential cancellation based on the DDD news. While he didn't answer that part directly, he did offer to sell me one directly if I could not purchase one from Sam's Club. I infer that to mean that it is going to go out as planned but that as previously announced it will be a Sam's Club exclusive. As a result, I'm sure DDD was just informing potential customer that the order was cancelled due to their inability to sell it. I would assume Amazon would also have to remove it at some point. There is no telling how long it will stay a Sam's Club exclusive.

This is good news. I will be interested to see what price it goes for at Sam's Club before deciding where and when to purchase it. The reply I received is referenced below. I also received a flyer detailing the release.

"Good Morning Brad,

I am responding to your e-mail regarding the rumor you have being hearing regarding Wagon Train Season 1. We do have a Collectors Special Limited Edition 10DVD Tin that we are exclusively selling to Sams Club. Now, we do have some in house that we can sell out if you are interested. I have attached the sell sheet so you can take a look at the product and the information. If you are interested it is $79.98 plus S&H. Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing the set.

Autumn Malcom
Timeless Media Group
Project Coordinator
541-484-7070 Ext. 124"

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm very interested in the pricing as well, Brad. It's good to get some confirmation on the exclusivity of this upcoming set. The key for me would be whether or not Timeless would sell this themselves for a much higher price than they'd make it available at Sam's Club. I just don't know which way that one is going. Generally you get pretty decent pricing at Sam's but I've personally settled on a holdout price of $40 for this set. If it's available at Sam's for that then I'll purchase it there. If not, then I'll hold out for a wider release and hopefully pick it up at a 50% off MSRP discount eventually.

The only possible glitch in my plan is if this set ends up being a very limited edition that goes OOP quickly and/or it's never released for general distribution. In that case I miss out. And while I'd like to own this set, it's not a top priority so I'll just have to take that chance if it's not available at Sam's Club for around $40 to begin with.

Gary "thanks again for that update, Brad" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks