Wag the Dog, Working Girl, For the Boys anamorphic?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by rob kilbride, Jun 13, 2006.

1. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    None of them say they are anamorphic on the box, but there are several reviews for each that say they are anamorphic. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Casey Neutron

Casey Neutron Stunt Coordinator

Both "Wag the Dog" and "Working Girl" are anamorphic. Don't know about "For the Boys".

3. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Wow. Had I known Working Girl was anamorphic I'd have picked it up for cheap a long time ago.

4. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    Thanks for the info on the 1st two titles. Anyone know about For the Boys. I've seen 2 reviews that say it is anamorphic and 2 that say it isn't. Also we should turn this into a thread about titles which don't say they are anamorphic on the box but are anamorphic nonetheless.

5. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I could have swore when I picked up Working Girl last year, the package said anamorphic. I'll have to check it when I get home.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't. The back cover scan at DVDEmpire doesn't indicate anamorphic, but I'm wondering if there was a change to the art.

6. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    I see that For the Boys was released a few weeks after Working Girl so it could be anamorphic. Does anyone have any definite info though?

7. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    No wonder this title is in the bargain bin. No one seems to own it! Is no one else interested in a thread of anamorphic titles with no indication as such on the box? In addition to Working Girl and Wag the Dog discussed earlier, apparently Dick Tracy is anamorphic. Also I believe the first release of Amores Perros was anamorphic with no indication on the box. This could be a useful reference so people could buy that title they may have been holding off on.

8. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I was going to ask the same thing- I was gonna pick up For The Boys for $3.88 at Wal-Mart, but it just says "Widescreen 1.85" on the cover, nothing about 16x9. I've already got the 4x3 laserdisc so I'll stick with that a while longer if the DVD isn't 16x9.