What's new

WAF = Not my problem (1 Viewer)

TomCW

Second Unit
Last night my wife and I watched LOTR for the first time (yeah I know, we're late to the party). I had mentioned to her that this movie had thrown some systems into protect mode and had caused some people to upgrade. This morning she wanted to know how I felt about our system's performance on the movie. I indicated that although I was reasonably satisfied, I thought the center channel needed some work as I had trouble understanding the dialog in a couple of places. She suggested I get a new center speaker for my birthday. When I told her that the speaker I had in mind was way over the price of a birthday gift (at least in our household) she told me it could be for both our birthdays, thus making the purchase more reasonable! The new speaker is gonna be kinda huge on top of a direct view, but that didn't bother her at all, She said "So when has how it looks been an issue?" "We want it to sound good, right?" She never ceases to amaze me. When ever we have re-decorated, the speakers are the first thing in the room, and we're talking floor-standers here, not little cube-thingies! I hope she keeps me around for at least another 25 years or so!
Tom

TomCW

Second Unit
AR 2C speaker = $300, This woman = Priceless.

Oh yeah, I've made her mad a few times, but so far she's forgiven me (but I'm not one to press my luck).
Tom

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Tom,
This isn't as good as yours, but my wife actually asked me the other day if I was going to get a new set of Maggies (I sold mine a couple of years ago.) She actually said she liked the way they looked and that my current tower speakers don't sound as good. She also asked if they made bigger models (I had the MGIIc's)! I think I will keep her as well.
Jim

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Tom,
Your wife is a keeper!
That AR2C is HUGE.. I have the 4C and it's even big :)
You will love it... I sorta wish I would have went with
the 2C simply because it plays a little lower and I think
my center channel "lacks" in that respect (and most do)
Am I the only one that thinks a center should be as full
range as everything else not crossed at 70Hz ? :)
Hope your Direct View can support that sucker, I don't
think my RPTV would :)

TomCW

Second Unit
Brett,
I'm counting on multi-channel SACD performance improvements as well as movie dialog. The ITU standard for SACD is for all speakers to be full range and this gets me one step closer.
Tom

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
You gotta love a woman like Tom's! HT is a hobby best shared, especially when shared with your SO.

My wife is the same way. My birthday present last year was a new set of Klipsch speakers I had been considering. She went out and picked them up. All I had to do was unload all of 'em from the back of her vehicle.

Newell

Grip
You've got a "keeper" for a wife. Here's the secrets to a happy marriage:

1. Find a woman that can cook and clean.

2. Find a woman that makes good money.

3. Find a woman that enjoys HT as much as you.

4. Find woman that is good in bed.

And the cardinal secret is:

Never let any of these four women meet.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Where do you find these women? Are there more at home like her? What are your views on cloning? Wow. That is just awesome. :D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brett,

For more "full range" use, how about a 60+ lb. center channel with dual 8" woofers, a single 5.25" mid, and a 1" tweeter?

It goes pretty low!

Brian

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Neil - SOLD! The JVC is nice and a real steal at only $225,000 (I wonder if that includes shipping???) Wait a minute.... it is a 4:3 projector. Hmmm, I think I may hold off :p)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Brian,
That sounds like my kinda center!
How about this.. I buy a single AR9 and put it on top
of my TV.. Hmmm if I Stand it verticaly it will hit the
celieng but if I lay it over it sould work...
Wow a Center that will do 32Hz @100DB hehe of course I
would have to aim the sub up or the screen might shake :D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brett,
I'm using the Adire Audio KIT LCC (Large Center Channel) with my GR Research A/V-1's (soon to be A/V-1+'s). Excellent sound! It's nice to have a center with good bass capabilities. And the best part, it's a properly designed center; no MTM laying on it's side.:)
Brian

Andre Aguiar

Agent
My wife told me to go ahead and order the Onkyo TX-DS797 as my birthday gift. Problem? No, but my birthday wasn't for another 2 months! So about a week or so after my birthday wifey tells me to go ahead and order the speakers I had been looking at: 2 JBL S38ii, 2 JBL S26ii and S-Center.

I'm not going to push it anymore. I actually told her that I would like to hold off but she insisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks