WAF - Has anyone painted their speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottHannen, Dec 18, 2001.

1. ScottHannen

ScottHannen Extra

Paying for larger surround speakers isn't the problem; it's getting my wife to put up with them. I know it would go easier if they matched the wall. Has anyone done this? After reading all these forums I'm so paranoid that if I breathe on them wrong or don't talk to them enough then the gods of home theater will collapse my soundfield or localize my bass, so I'm afraid that this could be a serious offense.

Thanks,

Scott

2. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I do not see any trouble with it other than warranty.I think I would take the drivers out of the enclosure first just to be on the safe side.What about the grill though?

3. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Scott,

Try seeing if the company will take care of that for you. Better to have them do it if at all possible. Other companies offer various options. For example, Def Tech and NHT offer white speakers. nOrh can do their ceramics in the color of your choice (though some colors are cheaper than others) or you can go with wood walnut or rosewood colors. There are options out there.