What's new

WAC: Releasing The Sea Wolf (1941) October 10th (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This BD is my first time viewing this movie. In a word: Wow! It's a very powerful film with incredible performances all around. High rewatch value too. Gene Lockhart should be mentioned in addition to EGR and JG for his sensitive yet forceful portrayal of a tortured soul. And is this the same Barry Fitzgerald we love from Quiet Man and Going My Way?

Visually, I knew it was going to be exceptional when I saw the opening titles had depth. It's a 5/5 from me although I'm still trying to figure out why .1 got deducted from RAH's score :)

Thanks to Mr. Feltenstein and his team at WA for another winner.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This BD is my first time viewing this movie. In a word: Wow! It's a very powerful film with incredible performances all around. High rewatch value too. Gene Lockhart should be mentioned in addition to EGR and JG for his sensitive yet forceful portrayal of a tortured soul. And is this the same Barry Fitzgerald we love from Quiet Man and Going My Way?

Visually, I knew it was going to be exceptional when I saw the opening titles had depth. It's a 5/5 from me although I'm still trying to figure out why .1 got deducted from RAH's score

Thanks to Mr. Feltenstein and his team at WA for another winner.
RAH being RAH.:)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It's arrived in Blighty, I had a quick zip through & it looks great (all that fog didn't seem to be a problem for Warner). I do love those old b/w Warner films with the big Warner badge at the start, it brings back so many memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks