What's new

Waaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I'm changing from a large RPTV to a ceiling mounted front projector, and if I want the room to look right I'm going to have to:

1- remove my ceiling fan
2- relocate my 2 A/V racks, which means buying about 6 sets of longer video/digital/analog cables
3- figuring out where to put the racks and how the heck to run the cables: under the floor, around/under the fireplace, behind the walls....anyway I do it something has to be destroyed
4-run video cables to the projector...and oh crap, it has to have power, too
5- oh yeah, HANG the damn projector from the ceiling; got to buy a ceiling thingy
6- build a new center channel speaker, since my old one was custom made to sit on top of the RPTV and looks like crap sitting on the floor

Oh, this is going to be a lot of work.
Maybe I'll just leaving the projector sitting on top of the cardboard box in the middle of the room...............

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Welcome to the joys of home theater!

The cardboard box does have a certain charm to it, but you may get tired of it after a while.. :)

You could do something like me: just 'temp' things in - cables running in neat bundles along the floor and things like that...

Leo

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Yeah, the "temp" idea is good, at least until I'm sure I like the positions of the A/V racks. I'm pretty sure of my screen position, so that determines the projector position, so I'll start there first.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you have kids that will be watching this projector then little fingers may find their way to it. Take the trouble to hang it but plan it out first, covering all bases and contingences.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
No kids, just 3 dogs. I tried to show them the benefits of front projection, but they were unimpressed. Maybe I should run "Lassie" tonight..............

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks