What's new

Vudu Disk Plus Digital Deals and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yep, the Vudu app on my ATV4K. And is it the end of the world? Of course not, but for me it's a PITA to not have my entire digital library under ONE roof. Separate apps on the same device don't qualify.

Unfortunately, that's not possible and is something we all have to deal with. I have kept my digital content pretty much to just two storefronts -- iTunes and Vudu -- so at least it's a little easier for titles that are not supported by Movies Anywhere. At least since Apple added an ATV app to Roku I can access everything from all my hardware platforms except one -- my Android smartphone cannot access iTunes content. That's not a big deal for me, since I usually bring along my iPad when we are traveling.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Had my first experience w/ the Vudu disc plus digital program this past week. It went pretty smooth. Ordered Saturday showed up today. They had the Blu-ray Complete Series of Community for a little over $39. The box set doesn't contain a digital code so for the price I would have paid for just the physical set I also have it digital too.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Had my first experience w/ the Vudu disc plus digital program this past week. It went pretty smooth. Ordered Saturday showed up today. They had the Blu-ray Complete Series of Community for a little over $39. The box set doesn't contain a digital code so for the price I would have paid for just the physical set I also have it digital too.

Can you explain this service please? I went to Vudu and found nothing on this program.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think you just click on the new releases and see if the option is available

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Oh... I see... you are right. I thought it was some menu selection I had to go to. Thanks.

It's under the Movie section. You purchase a disc from Vudu and they put a digital copy into your account.

BC908835-F90E-4A67-9C2E-16AA29879093.jpeg

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Interesting. They don't have that on the mobile site. They have disc TO digital. I guess to see what is available collectively you have to go to the web site via desktop. I'll do it later when I can. Well, thanks everyone.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Knives Out now available on Vudu Disc plus Digital for $24.99. Terrific price for a tremendously entertaining film. One of the years best.

By the way, It is NOT MA compatible.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Knives-Out/1281725

So, it won't port over to iTunes?

Never mind. I see it's Lionsgate. CRAP. :rolleyes: It IS available in 4K Dolby Vision with Atmos on iTunes for $19.99, however, if you're not interested in the disc and don't want your digital copy imprisoned in the Vudu app.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think that if you buy that disc plus digital this will give you a cop y at Vudu and you can then use the digital code in the disc to put it on iTunes.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think that if you buy that disc plus digital this will give you a cop y at Vudu and you can then use the digital code in the disc to put it on iTunes.
It does. And I think Doug know that as I’ve only told him a million times!;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It does. And I think Doug know that as I’ve only told him a million times!;)

HAHA!! But, as I've mentioned before, one of the benefits (for me) of the Disc + Digital program at Vudu is the ability to SELL the physical copy (along with the included code) if i don't feel the need to have the title on disc. So, in a scenario like that, the fenced in pre-release Vudu digital copy is a big PITA. I may have told YOU this about a million times, Tino. ;)

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You certainly have. As you know my last name is Capone which literally means blockhead in Italian!:emoji_relaxed:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jumanji: The Next Level available now on Vudu Disc plus digital. 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos

$29.99. MA compatible...so yes @dpippel it will port over to iTunes too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks