What's new

VUDU Device Limit (1 Viewer)

internetsguy

Agent
Real Name
Kyle
Has anyone else noticed that VUDU has begun counting mobile devices against the 8-device-per-account limit? I was using mobile devices + casting to "circumvent" this issue for my main VUDU account, but this seems to have killed that.

mark azali

Auditioning
Real Name
MARK J AZALI
The limit is ridiculous, especially since mobile devices take up 1 slot. I've gotten around the limit by sharing my UV library, so I have 8 on my account and 8 x 2 on other shared accounts. The Disney titles and some other studio titles are missing, but it works for sharing with friends.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
It's been a pain for me. Every time I need to add a new device, like the new Roku ultra that just shipped, it will make me delete one first....problem is it's hard to identify what the devices are they list because none of the numbers match anything on other Roku's....When it says PS3, I know what that is, but some just give a device I.D that matches nothing?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4423416 said:
It's been a pain for me. Every time I need to add a new device, like the new Roku ultra that just shipped, it will make me delete one first....problem is it's hard to identify what the devices are they list because none of the numbers match anything on other Roku's....When it says PS3, I know what that is, but some just give a device I.D that matches nothing?

You can add names for the devices. I have mine labled things like "Roku 4 - Bedroom" etc.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I started doing that as I add new devices but, still have some unmarked. I'll have the new Roku Ultra tomorrow so I'll have one more marked, just have to guess at which one to delete though because it will make me.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4423729 said:
I started doing that as I add new devices but, still have some unmarked. I'll have the new Roku Ultra tomorrow so I'll have one more marked, just have to guess at which one to delete though because it will make me.

Got the Ultra yesterday and am very happy with it. Basically it's what the 4 should have been...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
[email protected] post: 4423729 said:
Go into the Roku Menu on each device to System Screen and look up and then list all of the serial numbers to each device and their locations beforehand. With me I have each device serial number attached to a specific name because of my three Home Theater setups.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got the Ultra yesterday and am very happy with it. Basically it's what the 4 should have been...
Yeah, I'll be upgrading my Roku 4 in my Main Home Theater with the Ultra unit then move the Roku 4 into my Bedroom HT to replace a Roku 3 unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks