What's new

Vudu Coming to Apple TV This Fall! (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4495368 said:
Will be interesting to see if Apple will let them sell/rent within the app. My guess the app will be neutered.

From the screenshots it doesn't look like it, but it's not a killer for me

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It will probably work the way it does on all iOS devices: You browse the catalog within the app and add the titles you want to rent (or own) to a "Wish List". Then go to their website (you can even use Safari) and make the purchases there from the List.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4519069 said:
Looks like I guessed right....no sale.

I actually love not having the store in the app. It keeps things so much simpler and less cluttered than their other apps. All you see is your library in a nice grid. Buying is something I do maybe once a month so I am more than fine keeping that to my phone.

And to be accurate, Apple does allow them to sell within the app, they just have to give them a cut...

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I actually love not having the store in the app. It keeps things so much simpler and less cluttered than their other apps. All you see is your library in a nice grid. Buying is something I do maybe once a month so I am more than fine keeping that to my phone.

And to be accurate, Apple does allow them to sell within the app, they just have to give them a cut...

As I surf and buy often, no reason to downgrade. Their app is everyplace, and as far as I know this is the only neutered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks