What's new

Vudu Coming to Apple TV This Fall! (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4495368 said:
Will be interesting to see if Apple will let them sell/rent within the app. My guess the app will be neutered.

From the screenshots it doesn't look like it, but it's not a killer for me

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It will probably work the way it does on all iOS devices: You browse the catalog within the app and add the titles you want to rent (or own) to a "Wish List". Then go to their website (you can even use Safari) and make the purchases there from the List.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4519069 said:
Looks like I guessed right....no sale.

I actually love not having the store in the app. It keeps things so much simpler and less cluttered than their other apps. All you see is your library in a nice grid. Buying is something I do maybe once a month so I am more than fine keeping that to my phone.

And to be accurate, Apple does allow them to sell within the app, they just have to give them a cut...

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I actually love not having the store in the app. It keeps things so much simpler and less cluttered than their other apps. All you see is your library in a nice grid. Buying is something I do maybe once a month so I am more than fine keeping that to my phone.

And to be accurate, Apple does allow them to sell within the app, they just have to give them a cut...

As I surf and buy often, no reason to downgrade. Their app is everyplace, and as far as I know this is the only neutered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks