What's new

VSX-90 HDMI not outputting video signal (1 Viewer)

laforze

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
Good morning Gentlemen. New to the forum and am hoping you can help. I did a search first, but didn't seem to find any answers to my problem.

Firstly, I bought the VSX-90 back in Nov of 2015. Everything was working fine. Hoooked up my LG 60" along with the following:
Xbox 360
Xbox one
Digital Cable box
HTPC

After initial installation, everything worked just fine for at least a year. Then, one day i noticed i was getting no signal from one of the devices and was lazy, so i just swapped to another port. This worked and I called it a day. Thinking that something was wonky temporarily, I thought nothing of it.

I moved out of the apt and put the unit in storage for a few months and forgot about everything. Moved into my new place and now when i hook up almost everything identical to the list above, it seems that 2 of the 6 ports work.

Am i to assume that this is a hardware issue, or if any of the ports work, there should be no reason the other ports don't work? I've tried swapping out the different devices to the known working ports and they work fine. I just updated the firmware to the latest and still no go.

Before I take it in to have it repaired, I thought i'd reach out here an

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Sounds like you have already diagnosed the problem. 1 HDMI connection goes bad, use the other 5 and keep going. Now 4 of the 6 inputs doesn't work. You have already done the swap equipment into the 1 you know works, and that is working, so you eliminated the sources themselves as the issue.

Before taking it in, I would also test the cables used in the "bad" ports to eliminate the hdmi cables as the issue - and further narrow it down to just the inputs on the receiver.

Take a known good port, and a known working device - then swap out the cables used - and ensure that all is still working.

This will eliminate the cables as the issue. If you were involved in a move and re-setup, you could have kinked the cables and caused a new issue...

If all of the cables work, and all of the devices work - then the ports that don't work must be the problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks