VSX-49Txi or used Lexicon MC1 and Outlaw 770-7

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Stegner, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Scott Stegner

Title says it all. After reading many posts, I am trying to decide between the two setups. My concerns with the 49Txi are the possible shutdowns and can the amp really drive 130W with all channels driven. Many receivers seem to fall down when pushing all channels. My concerns on the used Lexicon MC1 are making sure I find a fair priced one from a reputable seller. The other concern is what the expected ship date is for the Outlaw 770-7.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

3. Scott Stegner

I am using a Swan Diva 6.1 setup. The fronts and center are rated at 8 ohm per the AV123 site. The side surrounds are rated at 4 ohm. I am not sure why they are different, but I never had any problems with my Onkyo shutting down or any noticeable clipping when running at reference levels (83db) on movies.

I also need to figure out what type of speakers to buy for the rears in the 7.1 setup if I go to one. The problem is that my rears will only be about 30 inches behind my sitting position.

4. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Scott,
    The distance of the rear speakers shouldn't be a problem. The 49i as well as the rest of the Elite line up have a very good on screen programming menu that will allow you set the speaker delay to compensate for all speaker distances from the "Sweet Spot" Proper calibration will also insure the best listening experience possible for any room/speaker configuration.