What's new

VSX-39TX Remote Control Codes ? (1 Viewer)

Saumil

Auditioning
Hi,

I got a Pioneer VSX-39TX but it does not have a remote control. I am trying to find out if the remote for VSX-36TX, which is a simple (not touch screen) type, would work with VSX-39TX, particularly whether the VSX-39TX can be setup with any other remote but the $300 original remote.

Also if anyone has programmed universal remote to control VSX-39TX, specially the setup part of the remote operation.

Thanks for any help,

Saumil

Ken_Chengr

Grip
Have you looked at Remote Central. They specialize in the mega programmables like the Pronto. I had a quick look around and I can't find anything for a 39tx, but I did find something for the 49tx. I bet they are very similar. While a Pronto will cost you $$$, you can buy a factory refurbed Harmony 659 for $110 with free shipping. Just take the test drive, get the code and then use the coupon code to buy the refurb:D
I own a 659 and it can be "programmed" via their web interface. You can take codes from the Pronto files at remote central and import them into Harmony database. Their customer support is awesome. I have never seen another company that will spend hours on the phone with your for free!

The key will be determining if the 39tx and the 49tx use the same remote codes. Call Pioneer and ask them. A quick search tells me they are different part numbers AXD7254 vs AXD7295.

Good luck.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Worst case, try a local dealer that carries Pioneer Elite, and see if they will let you program the buttons you need. The 49Tx codes should cover the 39 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks