What's new

VSX-35TX component switching ... Hi-Def? (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I've already got a thread going on over here asking about switching two 1080i sources. I've got a VSX-35TX and I'd like to send my cable HD signal (in YPrPb component format) and my HTPC signal (VGA, but I can either convert that to RGBHV or buy a transcoder for YPrPb) to the reciever and switch between the two for a single output to my Mits' 1080i component input.
Now to my question ... are there any limits to what signals I can use this reciever to switch? Can I switch two 1080i signals (or maybe one 1080i and one 540p) with minimal signal degredation? I know this reciever has component switching, just not if it's "HD-capable".

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Daren,
If I recall correctly HDTV can go up to 35mhz. The 35tx tops out at 20mhz on Y and 13mhz on Pb and Pr so unfortunately you will either have to live with degraded video or add an external switcher. But otherwise the 35tx is great, isn't it! :)
Regards,
Dan Hine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks