What's new

VR509 Remote, battery low message won't go away. (1 Viewer)

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
I have a VR-509 Reciever by Kenwood.

My remote keeps flashing the low battery message. It used to light up so I could see it in the dark, but it doesn't do this anymore.

I bought some new batteries last night, put them in, and nothing has changed. The low battery icon flashes and the remote is not lit up. Anyone know why this is happening? Is there some button I have to press on the remote to tell it the batteries have changed?

The batteries are Duracells. I got them from Best Buy, they are not dead. The expiration on them is sometime around 2008.

I bought the reciever from Etronics online. I need help, please!!!

Chris Alderman

Auditioning
Eddy,
Don't panic!!! Call Kenwood customer service and explain to them that you have a defective remote. Ususally remotes have some type of service/replacement warranty. I am sure that they will take care of you. I have heard good things about their support. Off topic, how do you like your Kenwood? I am purchasing the HTB-544 in a week or two. I am getting very anxious, as I have never owned even a very basic home theater set-up. Hope your problem gets resolved soon!
Chris :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks