VR-M50's paired without the PV-1000 Subwoofer....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy Kramer, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Andy Kramer

Andy Kramer Agent

I recently visited my local retailer and fell in love with the VR-M50 speakers. They sounded so full and life-like. BUt it didnt take me long to figure out that they were paired with a 1000 watt subwoofer (pv-1000) and that was the kicker. I wanted to buy the VR-M50's but was not interested in a subwoofer beacuse it simply wasnt fit for my living environment. So i was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with the VR-M50's without the 1000 watt sub. And if you have what are your reactions on it. Thanks

2. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Andy,

I'm familiar (very) with the entire VR-M line (follow my sig line and you'll know what I mean). They are all excellent (including the PV-1000 sub even though I replaced it with a better sounding SVS). The entire VR-M line is fantastic, and if Boston Acoutic's reputation were based on them, you'd hear a lot more about that company.

All that said, if you like the sound of the M50s, but won't be pairing them with a subwoofer, I'd spend the extra for the M60s. In choosing my speakers I fell in love the with the VR-M sound, and was really hoping to not hear a difference between the M50s/M80s and the M60s/M90s... Unfortunately for my wallet, I most definitely did hear a difference.

-Robb