VR-509 & Digital Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_E, Dec 17, 2001.

1. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

HELP!! I have a Kenwood VR-509, and I am using the S-Video switching. I have listened to your guys and connected 1 component at a time. I started w/ the S-VHS VCR. No problem. Picture is great w/ S-video connection. Next is the Sci. Atlanta 3100 cable box. I used the coax from the wall to VCR IN, then VCR out to Cable Box in. I then used S-Video OUT to Receiver's Video 2 IN, and Coax Digital Audio Out to Video 2 Coax in. Basically, I now get no sound and no picture. Some of the analog cable stations come in very fuzzy and I get no "digital" channels. I don't know what I did wrong, and the manual wasn't very helpful.

2. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

Bump-I'm desperate.

3. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

John,
    Your problem is your coax routing through the VCR first. It's not passing the info through completely to your digital coax box to decode. That's like sending the feed of a DSS through the VCR first,i.e., it has to be decoded then sent to a display/stereo. Bypass the VCR and you'll see what I mean. Then you can hook it up with the VCR's RCA outputs into the Video 2's RCA and you should be good to go! Hope that helps [​IMG]
    Matt

4. JoeDelan

JoeDelan Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, Stick the VCR between the TV and the Cable Box and that should fix the problem...Also, you have the VCR on Right??? The VCR has to be on to pass the signal through...Wish it were not that way but it is...