Vr.5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John McM, Nov 29, 2004.

1. John McM

John McM Second Unit

awhile back, there were rumors that Rhino was going to release the 13 episodes of VR.5 on DVD, and then nothing came about.

Does anyone know if there's any possibility at all we'll see this? It will have been 10 years since it aired come next spring and a DVD set would be a great package. It didn't last long but it did have a cult following. I know I'd gladly purchase it.

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Was this the show that was about virtual reality? I remember watching a few episodes along with anoather show called The Burning Zone I think.

3. John McM

John McM Second Unit

and replaced by a pre-Buffy Anthony Stewart Head. It's been 9 years since I've seen it, but it was a show that I was hooked on instantly, but it's ratings were doing terribly next to X-Files (in which VR.5 was the lead-in to) so Fox axed it by season-end.

But there were rumors a year or so ago that Rhino was going to issue the 13 episodes (10 aired, plus 3 unaired) on DVD and then nothing came about of that. I think there is an audience out there for it, if Rhino can release Pink Lady And Jeff (which I admittedly own, lol), surely they can release VR.5.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

If I recall correctly, Rhino lost the rights. Gord might remember.

I wish, I wish, I wish this would come on DVD!!! I loved this show, it was ahead of its time I think.

5. John McM

John McM Second Unit

I agree, I think had the show come on maybe 5 years later, it would've been a lot more popular

6. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Rhino released this on VHS, but for some reason, one episode appears twice on the tapes, and one episode isn't included at all. Very frustrating. The unaired episodes are included in the set, however. I have the commercial VHS tapes. I'd buy it again on DVD.

This was a fun show, and Fox did do a lot to publicize it. That lead-in spot just was the kiss of death to pretty much anything that aired there.