What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
In the near future humanity sets a mission in motion to save itself. 30 genetically conceived and grown children are born in a closed loop and trained for a voyage to last beyond their own lifetimes. They will have children of their own and their children’s children will arrive at a new planet capable of sustaining human life, but some 80 years in the future. They begin the voyage as children who have never experienced life outdoors, never met their parents, and never got to live without constantly being under the microscope and programmed to transfer humanity’s knowledge. With very little of their training going towards empathy, ethics or art (outside some classical music), apparently.
Christopher (Tye Sheridan) and Zac (Fionn Whitehead) discover that those running the mission have been lying to them: They are being drugged to cut down on impulse control, sexual urges and pleasure. They confront the one adult on the mission, Richard, (Colin Farrell) who explains that it’s for...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I did watch the movie last night and it has a very interesting story line. We have seen other movies like Passenger and Cargo with story lines of traveling long distance to colonize a planet. I won't spoil the movie by providing plot details other than to say I enjoyed the movie.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In the near future humanity sets a mission in motion to save itself. 30 genetically conceived and grown children are born in a closed loop and trained for a voyage to last beyond their own lifetimes. They will have children of their own and their children’s children will arrive at a new planet capable of sustaining human life, but some 80 years in the future. They begin the voyage as children who have never experienced life outdoors, never met their parents, and never got to live without constantly being under the microscope and programmed to transfer humanity’s knowledge. With very little of their training going towards empathy, ethics or art (outside some classical music), apparently.
Yeah, what could go wrong whit this? I admit I’ve campaigned for accepting a movies premise in order to enjoy the movie, but this is a stretch for me. What happens when the voyagers reach a certain age? Carousel?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks