What's new

Voyager season seven art is HUGE SPOILER! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:eek: What was Paramount thinking? I guess they figure everyone who has seen the show knows what happens, but that surely isn't the case for everybody. If you want to remain spoiler-free, don't go to the Digital Bits today. Not that it'll matter; can you really avoid looking at the cover after you buy it?

Maybe it's not that big a deal, but it seems sort of amazing to me.

If you want to quibble, it really isn't a spoiler; it shows the alternate timeline Voyager arriving at San Fran, which is different from what happened when Janeway altered time. Still, anyone who sees that knows they get home. Yes, that's not the biggest surprise in the world (chances were low they'd end up stranded), but it's still kind of lame to just spell it out right there, with viewers having 24 episodes to go until that event.

Here's a direct link to the art for those wanting to see it.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
It's also WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Voyager didn't sail past the Oakland Bay Bridge, but the Golden Gate Bridge. Big difference! Perhaps some people think it's not a big deal, but that's like having King Kong pictured on the Chrysler building instead of the Empire State,

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Actually,

Trek nitpicking mode....The scene where they fly past the Golden Gate never occured because of future Janeway's intervention. The last scene is of Voyager flying towards Earth. This was my biggest gripe with the show. They just ended it. I was hoping that they would spend an episode or two showing the ramifications and reunions of the crew returning after 7 years. But, typically Berman & Braga decided more fighting with the Borg and less story is better. :rolleyes

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Todd you hit the nail on the head, even thou DS9 only showed what's happenning with the crew during a musical interlude at least they showed it. The whole Point of VOyager was for the ship to get home and there was no Payoff. What happened when 7 of 9 a Borg beamed down to earth with Janeway Et all. Where was that tearful reunion between Paris and His estranged Father. Where was Wimpy Harry kims Girlfriend? Where Was janeways German Shepard was it dead?

You get the Idea

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The producers of the show by then hated many of the cast, particularly those who fought against scripts and character situations that they (the cast) knew would upset the fans (no character development, safe outcomes, boring and/or repetitive stories that mimicked situations seen a billion times before, perilous situations saved at the last second with a sprinkle of technobabble, etc.).

With an agreement between each other that there would never, ever be a "Voyager" big-screen film so they wouldn't have to deal with the cast again, the show-makers ended the thing with as little character participation as possible.

At least, that's the way I heard it. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That's the best Star Trek news I've heard in years!

DS9 movie!!!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I doubt it's really much of a spoiler to anybody but the most new and unknowing fan. Still, the fact is that it shouldn't happen. Nice job, Paramount.

With the packaging getting crappier with each Trek release, I'm expecting Enterprise DVDs will be released in a brown paper bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks