What's new

VOYAGEA TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEAS (TV) in Feb! (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The reason for the weak sales of season 1 was that they did not sell well at Walmart. Walmart pushed for a lower price and Fox decided to cut the seasons and price in half rather than cut the price. Given the minimal work that was done on LIS, it was a very poor value. Generally each volume came out about 8-10 months apart.

It's a shame my favorites will be the last released. They are a pair of fourth season episodes. One was The
Deadly Dolls with Vincent Price and The Wax Men with Michael Dunn.

Sorry about the botched early post.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Seaquest and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, both coming to DVD within two months of each other. I look forward to alternating between one series and the other, so I can finally decide which one had the best rubber monster suits.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
FrancisP,

Thanks for the info! I only hope that we won't have to wai that long for Voyage Vol 2 and Time Tunnel Vol 2.

Dave, I agree. I'd be hard for me to believe that splitting the series improves sales, but I guess the "#'s don't lie". Then again, I've never seen the sales #'s for any TV/DVD sets :D

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, if they cut them into half-seasons, then I may buy from the UK-all 3 seasons of LIS were one box each, so likely VOYAGE would be to,

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
I just wish Fox would get off their backsides and announce the r2 release. Not everyone here is so much an Angel/Buffy nut that they need the each of those series in about six different way on DVD. I'm fed up with the endless Buffy/Angel/X-Files churn. Give us some new stuff Fox UK!

That cover is very nice though. I just might import the r1 sets. Wonder what the rate will be. More than half a season every six months one hopes.

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
This and Time Tunnel man :emoji_thumbsup:

I am only in my late 20's but I used to watch these as reruns on a local station and can't wait to relive those times.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
remember, this is not the 'Official' VTTBOTS page.

So, whomever bumped it, gets thirty lashes.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I decided to dig up this old thread now that the Seaview has made port and with some very good episodes to boot. I too have enjoyed all the fans and their comments and memories of the show. I learned a great deal about the show that I did not know. Thankyou to Mr James Finn and 20th Century fox Mark Mercer for the unaired pilot and thankyou Voyage fans for a fantastic ride aboard Seaview!!!!

Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I was not going to post anymore on Voyage. I just would like to know what people thought of the unaired pilot. I think the the show DID Have a comedy edge to it in season 4. I thing the much hated "Terrible Leprechaun" was one of those episodes. The wrap of an episode always seemed to have a joke in it. I love during " A Time to Die Nelson turned to Crane and asked him for a dime.

I also want to state this for the record. Dark Shadows fans would look for flubs. I think in Voyage scripts Fan's look at a bad script. I love the flaws and all. I am not suggesting people do not have a right to rate an episode as stupid. PLEASE LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR TO EVERYONE.

PS I always thought the William Welch scripts were good. So like all of you when I saw my own favorite writer who wrote for Time Tunnel on the show I though yeah this wil be a good one.

I enjoy the post's guys. I still remember when I picked up my Seaviw Model at store. I paid a guy to put the large one together. I remember aman came in and quickly took pictures of it with his cell.

He stated he stated his buddie who was in his 30's just loved the show and the use of the mintures that Star Treck never used and Voyage unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks