What's new

voyage to the bottom of the sea. (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, in the brief time I used a Roku 3 to play back my SD mkv files, whether through the Roku Plex app or just by the Roku Media Player, the result was not good. Playing them via Plex or Infuse on an AppleTV is far superior.
I added the Plex app to my Samsung television, and the difference is night and day. Stupid Roku. I wonder why it does that?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I did contact Disney and asked about voyage, and they told me they would let me know if voyage is coming to Blu-ray.
Here's someone you can wait with while you wait ...
1660968539340.png
;)

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Voyage is only one of a 3 series I am hoping for on bluray. The others being The New Avengers and The Munsters. There is a chance that TNA will come from Studiocanal now that Network found the camera negatives for them. And hopefully Scream will release the Munsters seeing as they did the 1966/1981 films.

FWAJMB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Blosser
Just my opinion... Like so many shows of the 50s - 70s, you may see HD versions created from OCN and shown on one of the secondary broadcast stations like MeTV, Antenna TV, INSP, Cozi, etc. The classic Hawaii Five-O is a perfect point. Restored in HD back in 2007 or so, the show was only ever released on DVD. I bought the entire series from Apple in HD, and it looks glorious, but you'll never see it on Blu-ray.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Voyage does run on Me TV with the most recent prints (which were remastered for HD) but are at the mercy of the lower quality signals of the sub-channels and are at DVD resolution. Unless the show winds up on their Disney + platform with new HD prints, it's just upscaled. For fans of Fox TV shows, the Disney buy out was the worst thing that could have happened other than a vault fire. For Voyage, I bought multiples, copied them to MKV files and have DVD-R burns just so I can enjoy them in my old age in the event these DVD releases are the last we'll see of the show.

Last edited:

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just my opinion... Like so many shows of the 50s - 70s, you may see HD versions created from OCN and shown on one of the secondary broadcast stations like MeTV, Antenna TV, INSP, Cozi, etc. The classic Hawaii Five-O is a perfect point. Restored in HD back in 2007 or so, the show was only ever released on DVD. I bought the entire series from Apple in HD, and it looks glorious, but you'll never see it on Blu-ray.
As a CBS/Paramount property, Hawaii Five-O still has the potential to be released on blu-ray, like Mission Impossible was released. Both of which are/have been available in HD streaming. Voyage, on the other hand, appear much less likely due to Disney's stance on physical media. However, I could imagine it showing up streaming in HD at some point on a Disney service.

FWAJMB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Blosser
As a CBS/Paramount property, Hawaii Five-O still has the potential to be released on blu-ray, like Mission Impossible was released. Both of which are/have been available in HD streaming. Voyage, on the other hand, appear much less likely due to Disney's stance on physical media. However, I could imagine it showing up streaming in HD at some point on a Disney service.
Fingers crossed!

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
maybe fetv,or tvland,might look into truly 60's television series.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Fingers crossed!
maybe disney's being selfish and very greedy,why aren't they rerelease it,on tsod.fox treats them,like garbage.no respect for tsod releases,that's very disrepectful and very rude.disney and fox did not get along.there doing it for money.

Last edited:

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Fox have had nothing to shout about in their treatment of archive material. Eg, no HD release of the '74 Planet of the Apes tv show, nothing with The Green Hornet, nothing with Hammer's Journey to the Unknown. And "Batman" was really courtesy of Warner home vide

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Well, to be fair, the issue with Batman was that Fox and Warner spent years and years fighting over the rights. Fox argued that they had the rights to the TV show (which they did) while Warner argued that they had the rights to the characters (which they did). Why this was never a problem with regard to the 1966 theatrical film, I'll never understand.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Well, to be fair, the issue with Batman was that Fox and Warner spent years and years fighting over the rights. Fox argued that they had the rights to the TV show (which they did) while Warner argued that they had the rights to the characters (which they did). Why this was never a problem with regard to the 1966 theatrical film, I'll never understand.
10 years ago,FInally released it on tsod,it wasn't all that easy.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Voyage is only one of a 3 series I am hoping for on bluray. The others being The New Avengers and The Munsters. There is a chance that TNA will come from Studiocanal now that Network found the camera negatives for them. And hopefully Scream will release the Munsters seeing as they did the 1966/1981 films.
not to go off topic however I did hope for The Munsters remastered on Blu-ray when the Rob Zombie movie came out however if not when a tie-in movie comes out when would they release it!

As for The New Avengers (1976-77) the 50th Anniverary is 2026 so hopeful then or before

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
not to go off topic however I did hope for The Munsters remastered on Blu-ray when the Rob Zombie movie came out however if not when a tie-in movie comes out when would they release it!

As for The New Avengers (1976-77) the 50th Anniverary is 2026 so hopeful then or before
Yes, and hopefully some input from Joanna Lumley, but im not holding my breath for that, as she did not participate in commentaries for Ab Fab DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks