What's new

Vote for your top 5 shows you want FOX to release on DVD! (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I voted for Millennium, Picket Fences, The Practice, Lone Gunmen and Dharma and Greg.

You US-type folks know that all of Single White Lawy... I mean Ally McBeal is available on DVD in the UK, don't ya?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
The Simpsons being on there is strange... Maybe they mean if people want more than one set a year released??? If so, definately... I need Season 5 (for Treehouse 4) and I dont want to wait 2 more years...

Maybe they mean the old skits... The ones that were on Tracy Ulman.

Who knows...

The Wonder Years... I used to watch it, but never really enjoyed it while watching it...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I only actually saw two shows that were of any interest to me. The simpsons (maybe a lot of votes will help speed up the release schedule) and Titus.

Rob T

Screenwriter
1. Chicago Hope
2. The Practice
3. Thw Wonder Years
4. John Doe
5. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Greg the Bunny
Basically, it was a short-lived (too short) show that aired on FOX from 3/02-8/02. 14 episodes were made (including the unaired pilot), 11 aired. It was about a kids' TV show starring the title character, a puppet. The show focused on the behind-the-scenes dealings of the show. Eugene Levy and Seth Green were among the human stars.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Here's the current complete standings (had to vote again to see these):
  1. The Wonder Years - 21.7
  2. The Simpsons - 19.0
  3. Millenium - 18.8
  4. Roswell - 16.6
  5. The Lone Gunmen - 14.3
  6. The Pretender - 13.7
  7. Ally McBeal - 13.3
  8. John Doe - 13.0
  9. Newhart - 11.3
  10. Titus - 9.71
  11. Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 8.63
  12. Greg The Bunny - 8.57
  13. Tracy Ullman - 8.22
  14. Remington Steele - 7.57
  15. Time Tunnel - 6.92
  16. Boston Public - 6.78
  17. Picket Fences - 6.56
  18. Nothing Sacred - 5.85
  19. Dharma & Greg - 5.83
  20. The Practice - 5.09
  21. Bernie Mac - 4.45
  22. Harsh Realm - 3.85
  23. Reba - 3.66
  24. Chicago Hope - 3.57
  25. Reality Programming - 2.45
"Wonder Years" has lost its huge lead, but still hangs on to 1st place. Lots of movement otherwise from yesterday. I imagine the various shows' online fan bases are finding out about this and starting to weigh in (i,e, "The Pretender" & "John Doe" moving into the Top Ten). The big loser - "Nothing Sacred" which fell from the top 5 all the way to number 18. Ouch!!

The last-place title has restored my faith in humanity a bit... ;)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
D&G is beating the Practice? Tis a sad day for America. And people, stop voting for the Simpsons. It's coming out on DVD anyway. Be paitient and let the other shows come out. I'm very pleased with the results for Ally Mcbeal and I hope to see it soon.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Here's an idea why don't they just release everything listed and let us pick n choose what we want. yeah yeah i know it doesn't work that way :)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Votes won't make any difference. Fox has stated the bottleneck is in the approval process at Gracie films.
Jeff, I hadn't heard anything to that effect-can you clarify (or point me to something that does)? Approval of what, remixes? Remasters? Menus?

I had always thought that it was music clearnaces...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else having problems voting? Well if I can get on. Here is my top 5:

1-The Pretender
2-John Doe
3-The Lone Gunmen
4-Millenium
5-Harsh Realm

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I can't get this to work either. I've tried 4 times. Just keeps saying "Processing" over and over and over again.

My votes would be:

1.) Millenium
2.) Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
3.) Time Tunnel

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Fox really messed this poll up, and I'm not just talking about messing up the titles for two of the shows on the poll. I'm pretty convinced that, after looking at the latest poll results, someone has been setting up bots to automatically vote for shows. There is nothing to prevent someone from doing this, since Fox isn't asking for authentication of any kind after each vote (such as a name or e-mail address).

The Pretender is now winning at around 18%, with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea coming from out of nowhere to place second (17%). The Wonder Years and The Lone Gunmen are sitting at third (tied at 15.9%).

I wonder if Fox realizes how inaccurate this poll is going to be when all is said and done.

The Wonder Years tied for third. :frowning:

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, well if nothing else, they can use it to gage the interest in TV Shows on DVD in general. I'm fairly confident that The Wonder Years has more potential customers than any other show on the list (except for The Simpsons, but that's already out). But unless Wonder Years nerds set up bots... ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I voted (twice) for:
  1. John Doe
  2. The Lone Gunmen
  3. The Simpsons
  4. Titus
  5. Picket Fences[/list=1]

Current standings:
    The Pretender - 18.7
    Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - 17.9
    The Wonder Years - 16.3
    The Lone Gunmen - 16.1
    John Doe - 12.9
    The Simpsons - 12.8
    Roswell - 12.7
    Millenium - 12.5
    Ally McBeal - 8.90
    Remington Steele - 7.07

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks