What's new

Vote for the Resident Evil poster! (1 Viewer)

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the games, every last one of em. Code Veronica was indeed scary. However somehow I do not think this going to live up to expectations :frowning:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the virus kills people and turns them into zombies. It also creates monsters and such.

The dead people are not exactly from graves, they've only been dead a few hours, if that, so not being ripped to shreds or having pieces of skin falling off would make sense to me.

Its looking good, now the only thing left is to actually see it in action (for me).

JasonK

Supporting Actor
As a huge fan of the games, I'm sure I'll see this at some point. It's too bad that George Romero backed out, as he was originally slated to direct. I think it's now directed by Paul Anderson, who also did the first Mortal Kombat, which I had a ho-hum reaction to. About the only videogame-to-movie I enjoyed was Final Fantasy.

But hey, Resident Evil can't possibly be as bad as Street Fighter with Van Damme, can it?

-Jason

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
milla j !? Done by the same guy who did Event Horizon (too scary if you ask me)?!

See you at the movies!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
IMDb.com probably has a lot of info about the cast of the movie and the director.

I liked Final Fantasy because I thought it was good and I liked Tomb Raider for the obvious reasons (Angelina Jolie) and it was very true to the games. Other than that, I haven't liked game movies, so hopefully this movie will change history a little bit.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I voted for the black-white-and red poster with the cross torn and stitched down the middle "survive the horror" I think it said. Easily the most professional looking one in the bunch. But this film is so far just not capturing the Resident Evil 'feel' for me at all based on those screenshots. Waaaay too bright to be RE. They should have hired the people at Capcom working on the Resident Evil video game Re-makes for the Nintendo Gamecube to do the art directing for the film. Now That is what RE is supposed to look like.
But it is hard to make a truly scary horror movie, especially when everyone on the set is having so much fun being dressed up as zombies and such. A lot of the success of the film on an artistic level (as in ability to set a horrific tone) will depend upon the film's score. *I am praying that there will be no out of context use of techno in this film's soundtrack -this is the guy who did Mortal Combat after all*
I will see the film though, and reserve final judgment until afterward. It can't be too bad... can it? I hope that it is great, as I do so love the Resident Evil series.
For those interested in the afore mentioned Resident Evil re-make for the Nintendo Gamecube, follow this link and feast your eyes on the absolutely horrific looking, definitive, Resident Evil:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...535836,00.html
Oh, and Morgan, I don't believe you when you say that you were not scared by Code Veronica, or any other RE games besides the first :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have played videogames for so long, that I am pretty much immune to them in terms of fear. Its kinda sad, but its true. The first one was a totally new experience, so I wasn't used to it, but the rest were not the same for some reason.

If the movie fails, we always have the videogames, so there's nothing to worry about.

Based on what I heard about the ending, I can assume we will see a sequel. I think they are sort of doing the movie(s) like the games, only with new characters and new plots but in the same settings. So the first movie is in a dark scary mansion, and the second will probably be in Raccoon City.

I hope the music will not be bad, but if they really do have Marilyn Manson doing some of the soundtrack, I assume it will fit the mood somewhat.

Yes, the movie is pretty bright, but all of the games ended up in some scientific laboratory, and since the movie has less time to do all this stuff, I assume thats why there is some more light in it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If they do a sequel, I'm pretty sure they will have something hinting at Tofu. But this is the first movie, he would only be in the sequel.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
As far as I know, this movie predates the games and is basically a prequel....

Early reviews have been pretty positive and at the very least this looks worth a matinee....go zombies go

Posted by: Terrell
Pardon me, but those are the worst looking zombies I've ever seen, and they don't come close to looking as scary as the zombies in the game. They need to look more gruesome. As it is, they look plain sad. Oh well, here's hoping the film is finally a great videogame translation.
They look better in the trailer:
re.jpg

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Morgan,

You are right, my friend. I was thinking about Tofu at work last night and damned if I didn't recall he was from Resident Evil 2. And since I never got to conquer the game in the manner to play as Tofu, I don't know what it would be like. I think it would be a funny cameo, though.

Bruce

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I kinda hope this movie mirrors the games and takes place during the same time (like RE2 and RE3 taking place at the same time in the same city but with different stories) because they could still use a premade storyline and general plot but still have new characters and such.

Actually, they could say that two STARS teams were sent out (one to the mansion from the game, one to the mansion in the movie) and that they were going to crack down on all of Umbrella's facilities after what happened at the Hive (movie) and thats why the people in the game were sent out!

I'm getting too overboard on this. Really looking forward to it though.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Check out this zombie. The ones in the film pale in comparison and are not nearly as scary.
re_screen002.jpg

However, the dogs look pretty good. So do some of the other creatures. But the zombies, blah!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I read the script for this for work. It's pretty dumb. Some good gore, but little in the way of real scares or surprises. It's based on the videogame in name only.

Too bad George Romero didn't get to do this like he almost did.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as one who will be there when it opens. I love the RE series and well..Milla is just SCHWEEET!

In one of the stills there appears to be a "licker" creature on the side of what looke like an elevator shaft. It looks pretty close to the game and most of the stills give me hopes that the movie will be good.

It is by Paul Anderson (I enjoyed MK quite bit and Event Horizon was a truly underrated movie IMHO and damn scary to boot). I think he will do a fine job.

Now if oly they would get to work on a Silent Hill movie (although it will never happen, preferably directed by David Lynch)......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks