What's new

Vote For "Jonny Quest" On DVD (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Just noticed that Amazon now has a "Yet To Be Released" sign-up page for one of the all-time greatest of Saturday-morning cartoon programs, JONNY QUEST!

(Now, let's just hope Amazon doesn't mean the poorer 1980s version of JQ. [Or, even worse, the still newer "The Real Adventures Of Jonny Quest", which I wouldn't waste a penny on! :frowning: :)] That'd be a royal shame if the newer variants got released on DVD before the "Classic JQ" from the 1964-1965 TV season.)

The original Jonny Quest animated series consisted of just 26 episodes for its entire run (just the one season), so it'd fit just perfectly into a nice, compact 1-Season Boxed Set on DVD. :)

Plus! ... No griping & whining (& waiting forever) for Season 2 to arrive, seeing as how there was no Season #2. :)

So, JQ fans, get down off your floating platforms (which were always around in JQ-land) and cast your vote for this fine program to be put out on DVD.

Race, Hadji, & Bandit await us. Sim, Sim, Salabim! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Here's a great Jonny website to whet your appetite for the Classic Quest shows. :)

(I don't think Race Bannon changed his red shirt ever in this show. LOL. :) I don't care if he never changed his undergarments either--I STILL want this show on Digital Disc! :D)

(For the trivia-minded, Mr. Bannon is actually seen wearing a different shirt in at least one of the twenty-six Quest adventures. The underwear? -- well, that's a whole other kettle of fish. :D)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Jonny Quest is owned by Warner (via the huge Hanna-Barbera), so they probably won't be handled by the Ward Estate and Classic Media, thus no watermarks.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
They're putting TV station watermarks on the lower right-hand corners of the pictures in some DVD boxed sets? :angry:

Please, say it isn't so!!!!

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up for notification. I loved Johnny Quest when I was a kid. I must have watched those 26 episodes dozens of times. They were in syndication for years.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
They're putting TV station watermarks on the lower right-hand corners of the pictures in some DVD boxed sets?
Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 1 has a small 40x50 pixel bug for a few seconds on each segment in the bottom right corner that is about 50% transparent. Of course, once one release by one studio has a problem with it...many people assume that every release after that by all studios will have that.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 1 has a small 40x50 pixel bug for a few seconds on each segment in the bottom right corner that is about 50% transparent. Of course, once one release by one studio has a problem with it...many people assume that every release after that by all studios will have that.
Until proven otherwise I guess. The studios do have a tendency to be copycats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks