What's new

VOTE: 10-12 Oscar Nominations; the missing BD's (1 Viewer)

Which of the following would you absolutely purchase as a 2K or 4K BD?

• Total voters

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
A recent single vote now places "Sergeant York" in the lead over "The Pride of The Yankees".:chatter:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Since my last count, it appears that we now have 36 new members.
Congratulations to our newest friends and, of course, to HTF;
the reel place for film lovers world-wide.:cool:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, it's Friday - 3:28 pm - and "Sergeant York" has closed out our working week with the most votes.
Congratulations to John Huston, Howard Hawks and Gary Cooper.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Woodrow Wilson was far from a dreadful man, and very much ahead of his time. But let's not get into politics.

With a proper restoration, it would look very very good... they can do wonders with 4K these days.
He was a conflicted man to say the least. My view of him has changed over the years once I became more aware of the negative aspects of him while in college, many years ago. Earlier this year, PBS broadcast of The Great War and really detailed those Wilson conflicts. Anyhow, that's a discussion for another time and another forum.:)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/great-war/

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
He was a conflicted man to say the least. My view of him has changed over the years once I became more aware of the negative aspects of him while in college, many years ago. Earlier this year, PBS broadcast of The Great War and really detailed those Wilson conflicts. Anyhow, that's a discussion for another time and another forum.:)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/great-war/
Thanks for posting that link. I look forward to reading it!

Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
While I don't dispute that you're right, I'm not fully sure how you know fox did a 4K scan on THE TURNING POINT. Thanks again!!
If the link I provided isn't good enough for you then so be it. So far that site has been very accurate as to which titles have received 4K scans.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
If the link I provided isn't good enough for you then so be it. So far that site has been very accurate as to which titles have received 4K scans.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude. My apologies!

I have never seen that site/company before, so I'm not sure how that website tells you a 4K scan has been done. I didn't see anything on the site that said a 4K scan had been done.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine that Park Circus would not be able to provide a 4K presentation of any film if it wasn't scanned in 4K, from the start. Either way, "The Turning Point" is actively back in the loop. Excellent news; excellent link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks