What's new

voom sat. service (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen the ads for the Voom service. I was just wondering if anybody is using them, and how the hd signal is. I was thinking of getting there service but have not heard any reviews yet. THX

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Lotsa Voom info over at AVS Forum. HD pq is generally regarded to be at least as good as if not better than DirecTV's or Dish's, depending of course on original source material. They don't allow self-installation so there have been some complaints of nightmarish install experiences. The box will recieve local ota digital channels but only if they are in Voom's as the box will only tune local digital channels based on guide data from the Voom satellite. It won't do a local channels scan like the DirecTV boxes will.

They have a bunch of proprietary HD channels (about 20 or so) which inflates their total HD channels count, but still offer more of the available non-voom exclusive HD channels than any other service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks