voom owners,

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by allan espinoza, Nov 24, 2004.

1. allan espinoza

allan espinoza Stunt Coordinator

i was looking into voom satellite and im looking for some voom testimonials from customers. how is the quality? sound? hd channels? and lastly, cost efficient such as, monthly payments, hidden fees to look out for, set up package and anything else associated with cost to expect when using voom. please advise on any pros and cons, thanks.

2. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Hi Allan, since no one has responded, I'll suggest to try running a search here(I couldn't remember the exact catagory it was in) I remember awhile back there was a thread on Voom that had alot of responses. Hope this helps!

3. allan espinoza

great thanks for the help

4. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

I just dropped Voom after an getting tired of dealing with their problems.

The PQ and all that is great, but the lies and wasting of my time by everyone from their installer or choice to their upper management just finally made me give up.

People are leaving Voom, they had 40K subs and now have 26K subs in the matter of 2 months.

Their installers are useless, their techs are useless, the managers are parrots who just keep repeating the company line.

Here are my chronicles of Voom, my experiences are close to others, except I was lucky enough to cancel my credit card so I haven't been overbilled anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Give them your CC at your own risk.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34278

BTW, if you ever get through all of that they never did call me back.

Also check this one out http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34278

Only 23 percent of the people who responded think Voom will be around more than 1 year, thats a pretty sad statement from a group paying 59-100 per month for their own service.

5. allan espinoza

well thanks for the info, ill just stick to my cable.

6. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Or OTA.

7. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

You know what really also factored into our consideration of dropping Voom was the amount of OTA we watch.

We watch, in HD, The Soprano's, The L Word, and the rest is all OTA.

OTA in the Detroit area is great so we went with Dish, hardly the market leader but a damned good price.

$41.00 per month for the base package, the HD Package, DVR for the Bedroom, and the HD pack. After 6 months it goes upto 51.00 and we'll add Showtime to $61.00.

After the L Word season we'll drop Showtime and goto the next step to pick up Speed for the F1 season and stay at $61.00.

I was worried about the 811 reciever and all the problems I've heard but ours as been problem free and for a totally free install and those prices above include the lease rate for both the HD reciever & the DVR its an awesome deal.