Voodoo Vince help...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott_lb, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I'm stuck on the level where you have to change the time on the clock (where you play trumpet with the jazz guy). Here's what I did:

1. I gave the statue of the horse the apple so he can kick me up to the clock.
    2. I picked up the mask/disguise back by the pawn shop
    3. I wore the mask in the costume ball to win the money
    4. I took that money into the pawn shop and bought the trumpet
    5. I went over to the jazz guy with my trumpet and he said that I sucked at playing and that I need to practice before seeing him again
    6. I went into the jazz club to practice with the trumpet so I could improve and thus get past the jazz guy. However, regardless of whether or not I have the trumpet on me, I get booted out of the club and I'm told that I "need something" in order to practice in there. I've searched the entire level and the only area I haven't been yet is the movie theater which I also cannot seem to enter, even when I set the clock to the correct time.

So, my question is, "What the heck am I doing wrong here?!?" This is incredibly frustrating- I've really enjoyed the game up to this point (although I realize I'm not that far) - great controls, wonderful soundtrack, and some quality humor. Now, the flow of the game has completely changed because my progress is stunted for no apparant reason. I've checked an online walkthrough and followed each step to no avail. The walkthrough says, "Set the clock to the appropriate time (8pm-11pm), and take the trumpet into the jazz club. You'll leave with new playing skills and will be able to impress the jazz guy guarding the door."

Has anyone else been past this point?

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

4. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Jay- I agree with your frustration about the controls. I've grown used to the fact that about half the games I play have inverted controls and half don't. It's pretty hard for me to adjust after playing one game that has them "correct" for so long and then switching to the other type. Later on I'll check to see if they can be changed in the options menu.

Also, I've already thought of the idea of getting another costume to wear to the ball to earn money for the cover charge. The problem is that I cannot find the damn mask anywhere! I suppose it might be in some sort of secret area that I haven't found yet, but I am certain that it didn't re-spawn in the same place. AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

What I can't fathom is why they exist in the first place. For a flight sim OK. That's how planes work. But beyond that? Sorry for going OT.